Charlotte Auto Fair - worth going?

dl456

https://www.charlotte-autofair.com

Hello,

I thought about posting this in meets and tours but thought, this may bring more comments.

We are considering vending at Charlotte this spring but have never attended.

I'm not concerned about sales or such. More interested in the whole experience.

Are there predominately prewar parts?

We travel in a 28' motorhome and would intend to stay on grounds. Issues?

My companions are not all retired, so this is our vacation. We like to choose wisely.

Bottom line is: fun to be had or look elsewhere.

Never been there,

Dennis

The flea market is mostly post war with a lot of Chevrolet and Ford parts.  The car corral is mostly the same with some pre-war cars.  You can camp on your space and their are restrooms and pora-jons available in the flea market.  All spaces inside the speedway are sold out, but spaces are available in the two outside flea market fields.  Multiple local car shows will be showing during the event and the AACA Southeastern National will be on the front side of the track on Saturday.

• Like 1

Try it. You'll like it. Friendly folks. Kinda laid back. Get lots of help at your booth because you'll all want to get put to walk and see all that's happening. Plenty of walking!  Track food can be expensive, but readily available. Pray for good weather and enjoy Carolina in the spring. 

See you there on Sat at the AACA show.

Terry

• Like 2

I haven't been to Charlotte for several years but I remember lots of 50s thru 70s cars and parts with a smattering of pre-war here and there. I hear that the AACA show is always great but friends that vend there tell me that the flea market and car corral has been on somewhat of a decline over the past few years. I'm others with first-hand experience will chime in here.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Charlotte Auto Fair - worth going?