1986 Buick Lesabre Limited Coupe

Df824

I wanted to get into the classic car hobby but thought baby steps with something inexpensive, reliable and easy to repair was the way to go. This lead me down a road that I’ve always enjoyed for some reason - the malaise personal luxury coupe. Don’t  get me wrong. A 66 gto or a 70 big block SS would be killer. But malaise cars were always interesting to me. And certainly more affordable. 

my goal was to hopefully to find something a little less common. The big Marks and eldos and Roadmasters are somewhat plentiful. But when was the last time you saw an 86 Lesabre coupe? One year only front end. Clamshell hood. Velour galore and an entire forest of plastic trees harvested for the “wood” trim.

I found this car locally. 94k miles. Bought new by the typical Lesabre buyer back then - an older female. Car was loved and serviced at the dealer. It came with a ton of receipts. It is in really great shape and to me was a fantastic example of what it is. The interior velour is like Kevlar. 

768A6E4E-C442-47C9-B7A0-4F73A47EAFAB.jpeg

76C4E10A-DFA2-4E69-B142-0D4D9142A5EA.jpeg

39F3F2C7-6292-4957-BFA1-BF788D5A6E79.jpeg

Edited by Df824 (see edit history)
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

That is a great looking car!  And likely powered by the Buick designed 3.8 motor?   I wish you good luck with it.  Feel free to share more about it.  And check out the Buick Club of America.  Maybe there is a National or Regional meet in the area where you live?  Looks like it would be an instant Archival winner.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

That is a great looking car!  And likely powered by the Buick designed 3.8 motor?   I wish you good luck with it.  Feel free to share more about it.  And check out the Buick Club of America.  Maybe there is a National or Regional meet in the area where you live?  Looks like it would be an instant Archival winner.

You are correct. It has the 3.8. Which I found out was standard in ca. It fires right up and really drives nice. Transmission doesn’t slip. It really feels like a time capsule. I added an interior shot 

AB089CF8-F94B-449F-AF3B-277C7EDF9736.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

You have a beautiful car there, for sure!  I like those early FWD LeSabres with the 3.8/3800.  I had a '90 Bonneville and a '92 Le Sabre Custom.  Both were mechanically bulletproof, but your Le Sabre coupe is really stunning.  I'd wish you 'good luck' with the car, but you won't need any luck!  Drive & enjoy!  ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...