1959 Ford Station Wagon $5,900 OBO Payson AZ

Not mine 

Station wagon - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1959 Ford county sedan. Sat for 40 years until we got it and got it running recently. Has original 352 big block 4 barrel with 3 speed overdrive and original colonial white paint. We've put new windshield, carpet, brakes, fuel pump, radiator, exhaust and electronic ignition in it. Runs and drives but is still a project. Has new holly brawler carb that goes with it. Has some rust in the passenger floor but nothing crazy. Has clean title in my name.

View the ad for owners contact info. If ad is no longer available then the car is probably sold.

00101_8fuXF4HIeEQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00101_6OA3XsECkvt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

I learned to drive in one very similar. That 3 on the tree always confused me. Was 1st up or down? I remember pulling up to a stop sign on a slight hill. My father said "now because we're on a slope, give it extra gas and let the clutch out faster". You know what happened next! Bam! Into the car behind.

Fortunately, cars had real bumpers back then. The guy behind got out, looked at the front of his car briefly, and not seeing any damage, stuck his whole head in my window. "Do you know how to drive?!!". My father (in the passenger seat) said "Heck NO!" and we went on our way.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Don't know why but when I see photos of these old station wagons the first thing that comes to mind is squeaks, rattles, and wind noise. 

I agree that all of the seals for the doors should be expected to be long gone (wind noise). That said, I have a 2009 Silverado with 55,000 miles on it and the squeaks are annoying, so a car 50 years older would bound to have some. 

• Like 1