Buick front seat

john compono

"Split bench" as in for a two-door car?  Where the seat back has two halves which fold forward to allow entry and exit of the rear seat passengers? 

That terminology was usually applied to middle-1960s (and later) cars with a 50-50 bench seat in a 4-dr car, where each half of the seat unit could move independently of each other.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

John---try ---One mans Garbage, parker town 

NJ  08087,---Dave---.  he is  a dismantler  , may not have a 54 in  now, but

he is very good   and honest  and trustworthy  knows  where different models are.

Wayne.

Your car has a GM B-body. You might be able to find an Olds 88 seat frame to fit.

Some of the A-body 1950's Pontiacs might be close fits with a little modification.

What is your location. Shipping is going to be a concern.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:37 AM, john compono said:

thanks John d but I did try French lake in Minnesota but no dice. this mr earl gentleman I tried to message him but no dice their either. going to keep looking for now unless somebody else comes across one for me. thanks.

That seat should interchange with 1955. I know they have one as I was there and saw it. I have one or two, but shipping would make it a non starter. I'm in MN. I also have the correct power seat frames. Reach out if interested. THANX!