1928 Model 72 windshield post question

On my 1931 Chrysler Roadster (has folding stanchions), there were several small threaded holes like you show for snaps to secure side curtains, and to add wind wings. I'm guessing yours is for a side curtain snap. I filled in the wind wing holes during restoration. Having said that, your hole also appear to be countersunk leaving a bit of a question if it might be altered.IMG_8359.JPG.a87485f5c3420fd69097c7e0d2791ab4.JPGIMG_8358.JPG.8afd92108d3c09822ebeb3fa2a8fcbbf.JPG 

Looking at your picture, I assume this is on the frame side of the post and not the outside of the car? If it is on the windscreen frame side then I would doubt it is for a curtain snap or anything to do with windwings. I think it probably was for a rubber bumper of some sort, to stop the frame hitting the stantion, cars of this era suffer a lot from scuttle shake and without an anti rattler they will knock together on rough roads.

Having looked closely again, it does appear to be on inside of stanchion, and likely as mentioned a bumper/spacer perhaps added by a previous owner. Mislead by bolt/nut at top of stanchion, appears a temporary nut to keep parts together until U shaped pivot gets affixed to windshield frame. I thought these era Chryslers had a weather strip up the side of window frame, and as such a "spacer/bumper" would not be needed. 

I think the rubber bumper as I mentioned is probably factory, I don't think an owner would have added it at a later date.

The earlier cars, did not have a rubber seal between the side of the frame and the stantion, it did have a rubber seal across the bottom of the frame between the frame and the top of the cowl. The side curtains were clipped to the windshield frame or stantion, depending on the model, and these closed the gap between the side of the windscreen frame and the stantion to stop rain coming in.