1975 Riviera

Barney Eaton

Went with a fellow club member to look at a 1975 Riviera.   History is a little vague but it shows just over 10,000 miles

Red with replacement vinyl roof,  white interior.   Body appears to be rust free,  interior is excellant,  engine compartment

is the downfall    It appears to be complete but has never been cleaned or detailed.    They are asking #2 price @ $12.900

and said they just lowered the price.   With the engine in the condition it is the car is a high #3. 

I did not take pictures but they said it was on Craigs list and other locations.....  Located in Salado TX  that is about 60 miles from

Waco and 60 from Austin on I-35

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

Is it just me or does the 75 / 76 Riviera look too much like the same year Electra?  

I never could understand why they took the fabulous boat tail Riviera and removed the awesome boat tail

back window and quarter panels and trunk lid and stuck a rectangular box in it's place. The first time I saw

one of these I couldn't believe what they had done......one of the biggest styling update blunders in GM history.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

I never could understand why they took the fabulous boat tail Riviera and removed the awesome boat tail

back window and quarter panels and trunk lid and stuck a rectangular box in it's place. The first time I saw

one of these I couldn't believe what they had done......one of the biggest styling update blunders in GM history.

No argument from me.

Barney,

Is this the car you are referring to?

https://killeen.craigslist.org/ctd/d/salado-1975-buick-riviera-2d-coupe/7574131705.html

It's also listed in the Riviera's for sale thread on the current last page.

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)