What do you have to do to get a swap meet spot at Hershey?

I would like to get a spot to sell parts at the fall meet in Hershey for 2023, what is involved? waiting list?

Going to this swap meet was on my bucket list for 25 years and now I haven't missed one since my first in 2017.

Seems to me that the fields are less filled with vendors since my first time attending and I would like to unload some parts.

• Like 1

Easy. Join the AACA. At the appropriate time, the club magazine will include information about requesting spaces. I don’t think there is a waiting list, but you are limited to 3 spaces. As I have told others, don’t complain about the swap meet- show up and improve it!

• Like 3

Recommend you check the Hershey Region AACA website - https://hershey.aaca.com/

You'll find much of it devoted to details of the fall meet.  There will be field maps and full information, updated as time gets closer.  There is also a well detailed "Frequently Asked Questions" tab where you'll find information that should answer any questions you might have. 

Quoting from that tab with questions about obtaining vending spaces -

"In the May/June issue of the Antique Automobile Club Magazine there will be an activities card listing all the available activities pertaining to the AACA Eastern Divisional Fall Meet at Hershey. Complete the activities card and mail to the National Headquarters.  An AACA staff member will then mail to you the appropriate registration card.  If you are a new AACA member and did not receive the magazine, please call national at 717-534-1910 to request the registration packet. Complete the card and mail to Hershey Region AACA, PO Box 305, Hershey, PA.  There is a limit of (3) spaces per person (each space is approximately 10' X 30') during summer registration.   Assignment of spaces will be in order of post mark on the mailing envelope."

There are strict deadlines involved so when you receive your "Antique Automobile" magazine, I recommend you respond IMMEDIATELY both requesting information and then filling in the Flea Market Registration forms as soon as you receive them.

If you are not already an AACA member give yourself a Christmas present and sign up NOW.  

This discussion forum also has a separate area devoted to the HERHSEY event.  If you click on 'FORUMS" tab on the top of this forum, then scroll down to "AACA SHOWS AND TOURS" you will find the discussion for HERSHEY there. 

We look forward to your being there to enjoy the fun!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

If you want to sleep in an area hotel, the news is not great. Many of the decent places have raised their rates for October 3-6. My room in Hummlestown went from about $134/night to about $317. So I have made reservations a bit closer to Harrisburg, but convenient to Union Deposit Road, for about $149. I use Expedia and select the free cancellation feature. I’ll check periodically to see if I can get a better room at a lower price. If you wait until the summer- it just gets worse. If this trend continues, I may go back to sleeping in my spaces!

Edited by greenie (see edit history)

• 2 months later...