Buick Collectors Club

I am pretty sure that is the club I joined in 1966, right between High School graduation and joining the Navy. I remember it was based in California. They sent me a large envelope with club literature and back issues of the newsletters. I can see them spread out on the dining room table now.

Gotta laugh at that cup. "I'm a Buick bad guy". Incongruity? Yep. That's the word.

• Like 1

Hi Barney

From what Greg Field told me, this club was based out of Ohio and was started in 1964, it folded around 66 and that is when the BCA started in April of 1966. I have their documents somewhere in my library. I'll dig it out and post some pictures.

It is great that you had such an interest at such a young age. I joined the BCA when I was 16 years old. 

Steve

• Like 1

I joined the second time in 1980. The date on the letter is a typo.

002.JPG.a538dc80277e7be95150fb7cba130386.JPG

Brian, there was a feature article in The Bugle around 1969 or 1970 on a 1941 coupe owned by Dick Demming, then living in Massachusetts. He is a friend living in my town now. The car was long abandoned in a garage on his property in Mass., a remote place near Sturbridge. It had been disassembled to do some rear frame rust repair shortly after the article. We had talked about retrieving the pieces around ten years ago but encountered a case of lackawanna (a Seneca term from the Buffalo area)  on both sides. Think you could find that?

001.JPG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I joined the second time in 1980. The date on the letter is a typo.

002.JPG.a538dc80277e7be95150fb7cba130386.JPG

Brian, there was a feature article in The Bugle around 1969 or 1970 on a 1941 coupe owned by Dick Demming, then living in Massachusetts. He is a friend living in my town now. The car was long abandoned in a garage on his property in Mass., a remote place near Sturbridge. It had been disassembled to do some rear frame rust repair shortly after the article. We had talked about retrieving the pieces around ten years ago but encountered a case of lackawanna (a Seneca term from the Buffalo area)  on both sides. Think you could find that?

001.JPG

1930?

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

I will look. I have all but a few 1966 issues of the Bugle so I should have it.

You know all the Bugle's are available to view as a paid up member of the club via buickclub.org... go to Member Login on the top right. then go the second option Membership Management. Login and then in the upper right is a link to the e-Bugle Library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2