1940 Buick Special Business Coupe $19,500 looks very nice

not mine but I wish it were....

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/7558630934.html

1940 Buick Special Business Coupe, original overhead straight 8 engine that runs great, starts right up. Like new interior, gauges all work. Body is in great shape with not dents or damage. 3 speed column transmission. Check out all the photos, plus I have more. Wayne, nine two eight 592 eight two two two.

00u0u_4gd7v9PMQAGz_0CI0lQ_600x450.jpg00q0q_6BCtiBK5j5Gz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00404_kgYTx6iy4ZMz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00I0I_bziVloDQWelz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg1

• Like 3

Lacking something.... the pin striping on the wheels. A picky son of a gun aren't I???

It's still a beautiful Buick model 46! Though the trunk lining/carpet is not original I think it has a very nice look.

On a similar note I have heard the 248 8's in the Supers are built stronger than those in the Specials. Can anyone speak to this?

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Nice.

Upholstery pattern isn't original, and paint looks a little brighter than the 1940 Buick red, but a really nice car.

Times two on the wheel pin striping. It just finishes the car.

Makes me think I should finally get the wheels on my LaSalle pinstriped, but first I'd have to get them powder coated in the stock bright red rather than the maroon body color, then...

Maybe next year.

22 hours ago, deac said:

On a similar note I have heard the 248 8's in the Supers are built stronger than those in the Specials. Can anyone speak to this?

I have never heard this.  I have a Super, and as far as I know the engine is identical to the one in the Special.  (Although the dual carb was standard on the Super and an option on the Special.)  What do you mean by "built stronger?"

23 minutes ago, neil morse said:

I have never heard this.  I have a Super, and as far as I know the engine is identical to the one in the Special.  (Although the dual carb was standard on the Super and an option on the Special.)  What do you mean by "built stronger?"

I don't remember the specifics of what or where I read this and remember it referring to the crank case. I don't buy it myself. But when you think about the cost of manufacturing 2 motors that are that are purported to have small differences but do the same thing it really doesn't make any sense. I was just throwing it out there.....

Edited by deac (see edit history)