1937 Nash Ambassador Twin Ignition 6

(1) Field and Barn Finds-Classic Cars/Trucks For Sale or Trade | 1937 Nash Ambassador Twin Ignition 6 | Facebook

1937 Nash Ambassador Twin Ignition 6. Ran when parked but that was obviously a long time ago. I rode to Petite Jean Mnt Arkansas in this car back in the late 80s. There's 3 other 37 Nashes available. Another rough 37 sedan, a straight 8 Ambassador and an extremely rare 37 Rumble seat Cabriolet. One of 5 or so known to exist. 

Product photo of 1937 Nash Ambassador

1 minute ago, JACK M said:

Guys got a thing for suitcases and trunks. I love to snoop thru that kind of stuff.

Also love the bird cage.

What is that airplane/kite thing on the roof?

Kite thing looks kinda like Wright brothers model. Did you spot the old chainsaw? How about you & I go down there and pick the place? I want to see the other cars anyway.

12 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Kite thing looks kinda like Wright brothers model. Did you spot the old chainsaw? How about you & I go down there and pick the place? I want to see the other cars anyway.

Good plan.

I agree.  I used to get Collectible Automobile magazine and their article on this era of Nash was a great read and has me looking for them whenever possible.  

As I may have mentioned before, I usually look for 8 cylinder cars from the time they became available until the time they were standard.  

No offense to 6 cylinder owners but if I am going back 70 ++ years to grab a car it might as well be top of the line.  

I thought Nash did a great job styling these to be better than GM, Ford and Mopar.   

Sales did improve if I remember and Nashes had nice interiors.  Who is going to reach out about the other two? 

Based on what I am seeing you may be getting into a situation where the seller is eccentric and one may never get a straight answer.   We will see.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

"a straight 8 Ambassador and an extremely rare 37 Rumble seat Cabriolet. One of 5 or so known to exist. "

I'd sure like to know more about these additional 1937 Nashes that are mentioned.

They were listed on the Nash Club site yesterday.  Two ads, both on the same day.  One ad from the Son about the sedan and explains why it is so bad, another ad from the Dad which also has a few pics/prices.

"http://www.nashcarclub.org/ads/clasifid.php

Son Paul has offered additionally all my 1937 Nash Ambassador's on Facebook Marketplace. Would like to see them go to NCCA members. This is prices he suggested on all the Nash Ambassadors Model 3728 parts car $900 , Model 3721 Cabriolet Project unfinished solid body $18,000 , Model 3788 "Fire Chiefs Parade Car" Twin 8 open topless $8,000 pix on Facebook and NCCA Club Sell all for $30xxx with additional parts Ron Bandelier NCCA 4107
  • Thanks 1

I'm always a little sad when I see an old car just buried in garbage in a garage.  I guess it's a case of "one of these days, we're gonna fix 'er up" that never happens as it gets further and further down into the junk pile.  Eventually, no one wants to even spend the time to dig it out so it remains a place for nesting mice as it deteriorates.  Then the owner dies and the relatives finally say get rid of it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

How about we drive your pretty silver and black car? That way we'll arrive in style.😁

This one? But the trunk is to small.

Its down in LA getting some work done. I am picking it up a few days before Christmas.

Lets see, just down the road and over the hill then down some more road to MN then turn south to MO right?

Should be broke in by then. LOL

IM004948.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JACK M said:

This one? But the trunk is to small.

Its down in LA getting some work done. I am picking it up a few days before Christmas.

Lets see, just down the road and over the hill then down some more road to MN then turn south to MO right?

Should be broke in by then. LOL

IM004948.JPG

As long as it's in the shop, have them install a hitch so we can haul a trailer load of the goodies we find.😁

• Haha 1