For Sale: 1947 Nash Ambassador superb running condition - $12,700 (Mishawaka, IN)

Not Mine

https://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/d/mishawaka-1947-nash-ambassador-superb/7554869966.html

This is an amazing car owned by a NASH Dealer in Sebring Florida. His Son had it in his Nash Rambler collection His Son is a major supplier of Nash parts in Ohio. I am the first owner out of his family . His family took great care mechanically. I will send the bidders 26 pages of pdf maintenance records The car starts and runs like a dream I do not want to sell any of them but sold a storage building and either need to sell 3-4 or find storage I will send buyer name and address of original family AFTER we agree on a price and I get a deposit. ...  Overdrive very very low engine rpms! Very quirt smooth ride ! I also have the Original owner manual and large maintenance manual I will get buyer membership In Nash Club for support

Very quiet gets great looks Original owners have spent THOUSANDS maintaining this car mechanically as noted below

Here i summary of 26 pages of maintenance notes detailed including parts numbers

rebuilt engine,
transmission,
over drive
brake lines,
distributor
rf wheel cylinder
rear shocks
replaced head and hard seats
radiator
carburetor
master cylinder
water pump
gas tank
fuel pump
new tires 2006
new exhaust 2011

[much more general info in the very long ad copy]

[Craigslist email/message process]

[more pics in ad]

av0100000_9sIhv9HPGRXz_0mc0dw_1200x900.jpg

av0200k0k_hXDePG5Rq3Gz_0pO0ck_1200x900.jpg

av0300M0M_kjpzoaDByDuz_0mZ0gr_1200x900.jpg

av0400I0I_41IkvzwOZXCz_0km0gr_1200x900.jpg

av0500s0s_azCLoI2NI64z_0pO0hc_1200x900.jpg

av0600K0K_fjBzA5r2j7gz_0pO0hc_1200x900.jpg

av0700l0l_eGBT4QS0bWHz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

av0800x0x_j4H4ac6am3xz_0pO0hc_1200x900.jpg

av0900Q0Q_bKlxCAnMvR2z_0pO0hc_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:06 AM, classiclines said:

av0900Q0Q_bKlxCAnMvR2z_0pO0hc_1200x900.jpg

I have a question that a Nash owner may be able to answer for me.  It looks from this pic like the starter button is under the clutch, so you turned the ignition and depressed the clutch pedal all the way in order to start the car.  Seems like a nifty and safe set up.  But was there anything to prevent you from (inadvertently) hitting the starter button directly with your foot without depressing the clutch while the car was in gear?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a very vivid childhood memory of playing in my parents '50 Nash (which they let me do unsupervised when I was a toddler -- I guess they figured they would know where to find me!).  My memory is that I somehow got the car to "drive" forward by stamping on various pedals and buttons on the floor, even though I didn't have the key.  (My parents weren't that crazy.)  Is it possible that the starter button on the floor was "hot" all the time, whether the ignition switch was turned on or not, so that if someone stepped on the starter switch with the car in gear, the starter motor would cause the car to creep forward even though the car wouldn't start?  I'm pretty sure this event happened, but I'm trying to figure out how it could have.  Thanks in advance.

Neil

20 hours ago, ericmac said:

Yes Neil, on all of my other Nashes the starter has been hot all the time. So it is very possible that your memory is 100% accurate.  

Thank you, Eric!  And I hope you keep us posted about this car.