visit to AACA library today

tcslr

While on business, had some extra time and a list of things to examine at library.  I was pleased.  Matt and Spencer very accommodating.  I learned some new things also ( about the car).  A very nice resource for the members.  Interestingly, there was a PhD candidate there doing research - what was interesting was he is from Germany.  The club's asset is international value.  Im anxious to read the thesis.

• Like 3

Every time I’m in Hershey, I visit the library. It’s a fantastic resource………..and half the time Steve buys me lunch. To get the free lunch all that is required is to say nice things about Oldsmobile. 🥸

• Haha 2

I think most people who belong to AACA or look here on line at the forums do not realize the true presence that AACA has and what the total picture of its existence is. It is a history and preservation organization that has a 501c status for donations. This is not something that is easily obtained and given to every and any historic or preservation group ( that deems itself one) You have to earn it - I am active for many decades in the state wide historical societies , activities etc not just in my own village where I am the appointed historian. None of this has to do with cars - I see it from a broader subject perspective of organizations that are held accountable for their acquisitions and preservation commitment.

AACA was one of the places chosen to receive the automotive collection that for over half a century was at the Philadelphia Free Library and at the time under the direction of that area by Mary Cattie and then my friend Lou Helverson ( who used to drive up to to long island from Philadelphia for meetings of the local Society of Automotive Historians that I hosted in my home ) . Just be so very very thankful for what AACA and its staff and volunteers do , show some appreciation when you can with a kind word or even help to contribute in some small way to the cause to save and preserve automotive history.

Walt

• Like 6

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to visit to AACA library today

Having not previously seen the library I extended my Sentimental Tour stay an extra day and spent Friday morning at the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing and the afternoon at the library researching the Garford.  Very impressed with the facility and the Staff.  Thanks to all who made it happen.