Where do I find 1923 4-cylinder engine parts?

Pete Phillips

I need piston rings, wrist pins, and wrist pin bushings for a 1923 4-cylinder Buick we are working on. My usual sources for engine parts (Egge Machine, Kanter, and Bob's Automobilia) do not carry anything for this engine. Looking for any suggestions and sources...

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Contact Dave at Otto Gas Engine Works in Maryland for piston rings.  Many satisfied pre-war Buick owners.  Dave has a vast inventory of NOS rings.

www.ringspacers.com

• Like 3

Pete, 

Wrist pins are 3/4 x 3 1/8" for 1922-23-24 4 cyl and 1923 6 cyl.  

If you can't find those above, the next option is D-E 4 cyl, E-H-K 6 cyl.   These are also 3/4 x 3 1/8".   

Also consider buying drilled head aviation bolts from Pegasus for the wrist pin bolt.  Original is just a lock washer, and wiring the wrist pin bolt is a better approach.

Hugh

IMG_5371.JPG.59a5758e54ab742d501bd831ba675cb4.JPGIMG_6969.JPG.390661151ac535948e5adb4ba68feded.JPG

• Like 3

Pete,

•  Many (if not most) owner drivers replace the original cast iron pistons with aluminum pistons.
  • This reduces the rotational weight of the engine and increases the original engine power by about 10%.  
  • Modern rings and wrist pins also reduce friction to increase power while reducing wear.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1