1990 Park Ave 81,500 miles - $8,888

Marketplace - 1990 Buick Park Avenue · Sedan 4D | Facebook

Very Clean, Well kept 1990 Buick Park Avenue here. Fully Loaded plus 3.8 V6, Automatic Overdrive transmission, Leather Seating, Factory Concert Sound Digital AM/FM Stereo Radio with Cassette, Electronic Touch Climate Control with Exterior Temp indicator, Dual Power Leather Seats, non smoker, Factory Carpeted Floor Mats still in great condition, Factory Wire Wheel Covers, New White Wall Radial Tires, low miles, Sharp Color combination and more make this the one to have. Still looks, runs and drives great. $8888 81,794 miles Books and manuals included Clean title

May be an image of car and outdoors

May be an image of car

• Like 2

These are becoming extinct.   I posted because as 2nd or 3rd or fill in the blank in a collection, I would own one, or a LeSabre.  This one has been cleaned up by this dealer, detailed.  No way is it a nearly $9,000 car.  The dealer will likely wholesale it in the spring.  It is a dealer that usually has Corvettes and such for sale for too much money.  

I would buy it for $2,000.  If a person seriously was looking for one, a nationwide search over a few months would likely find a few one or 2 owner 1986 to 1991 Park Avenues/LeSabres that would be equally as nice or better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

B Jake Moran

i have to respectfully agree and disagree with your above comment above

is it to much money to ask for this car, quick answer YES

but your buy it price is way to low

depending on condition these cars are fair between 4 to 6k with this mileage and condition

i owned an 88 in the early 2000s, and absolutely loved driving it, big feel inside but not huge outside

they changed things in 88 mid year they went to the balance shaft 3800 much smother but not quite as snotty as the earlier lesabres with the 3.8, and they put in the electronic trans a big improvement in reliability.

depending on the options changes the price as always, alot of these have cloth so the leather is a plus no digital dash or gages dash but has climate control and concert sound, interesting color, and its missing the raised flat bar on the luggage rack 

this car has the 14in wheels as most do, i always felt these cars were under tired and should have all came with 15in 

these cars will do 80-90 all day long and ride in Buick comfort

my opinion but to me these are a plus to a collector just not at the price

Marty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  agree that the $8800 is to high,  super clean examples of these bring $5-6K regularly when offered, even real decent over 100K miles bring $3500-4000.   That being said, if i were in the market for one this one would be of interest but in the long run I would hold out the search until I found an Ultra.  As comfortable as this one is, the Ultra trumps it in every way.   The Ultra also as the larger wheels/tires 

• Like 1

Totally agree on the Ultra 

never had one YET

also wouldn't mind the T-TYPE, again with the wheels

there was a 89 Park Ave that i was keeping an eye on that had the leather interior

and the handling pkg with the 15in wheels but unfortunately

the son got it and now is slowly being trashed

ah well

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

...if I were in the market for one this one would be of interest but in the long run I would hold out the search until I found an Ultra. 

I agree that this is a pleasing car.

I would like to see a 1985-1987 Electra or Park Avenue

2-door.  They are almost never seen today, and even 

when new, they were rarely seen.  After 1987, only

4-door sedans were made.  Are any 2-doors available?

• Like 2

Listen and heed what Marty - MrJBuick has to stay about cars , He is a good friend here on long island and is an outstanding mechanic and totally passionate about Buicks !

Note he is a Director of the LI Buick Club - I have belonged to that for many years  and it is one of the best clubs I have ever been a member of ( I am not overstating that , to me it is fact) . They had great monthly meetings, tours, events and really sincerely care about their members. Thank You Marty for your opinion on an era of automobiles I know nothing about!

Walt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I often say that many models are disappearing,

while collectors, focused on the older cars or the

more specialty cars, don't even notice.  This 

seemingly commonplace Park Avenue is a case in point.

I just did a nationwide search of Craig's List and other

sites using www.autotempest.com.  There was only

one other car like this for sale, but it was weathered.

Yet Roadmaster wagons, Rivieras, Reattas, etc. were

readily available.

So this seemingly ordinary car may someday be truly rare.

• Like 2

John I agree, and do not disagree with others regarding pricing.  I'm just cheap, and who is buying these cars?  Many of these cars were handed down to sons and daughters after mom and dad drove them, and they beaten into the ground.  I used to see many in the local U Pick It Yards.  

I posted as a curiosity.  I think "Centurion" has a Lesabre from this era.  The 2 doors Lesabres did have a nice look, but slow sales even then were their downfall.   I have owned a silver with black leather 1988 Lesabre T Type, and loved it.  But they seem to have disappeared only seen in enthusiast hands now.  

• Like 1

Marketplace - 1986 Buick LeSabre · Limited Sedan 4D | Facebook

About This Vehicle

Driven 83,500 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: Tan
Fuel type: Gasoline
2 owners

Seller's Description

V6 automatic AC heat power windows power locks power mirrors new tires runs and drives like new 83,000 original miles comes with safety inspection needs no emissions too old clear second owner Missouri title in hand comes with a temp tag 2850

• Like 1

12 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Marketplace - 1986 Buick LeSabre · Limited Sedan 4D | Facebook

About This Vehicle

Driven 83,500 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: Tan
Fuel type: Gasoline
2 owners

Seller's Description

V6 automatic AC heat power windows power locks power mirrors new tires runs and drives like new 83,000 original miles comes with safety inspection needs no emissions too old clear second owner Missouri title in hand comes with a temp tag 2850

Wow!  Looks like a deal.  Also looks like there may be a bunch of cigarette burns in the carpet so it probably smells great. 

The pictures which Jake posted disappeared for some reason.

I have saved a few from the original ad and reposted them here,

for a long-term record.  I hope this way they will remain.

By the way, the dealer's asking price is still $8888, and the car

is in Des Moines, Iowa:

1990 Buick Park Avenue sedan gray 1.jpg

1990 Buick Park Avenue sedan gray 2.jpg

1990 Buick Park Avenue sedan gray 3.jpg

1990 Buick Park Avenue sedan gray 4.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)