For Sale:1955 Hudson Hornet Six Custom 4dr Sedan, Twin-H, 42K miles - $20,000 - Chattanooga, TN - Not Mine

For Sale:1955 Hudson Hornet Six Custom 4dr Sedan, Twin-H, 42K miles - $20,000 - Chattanooga, TN

1955 Hudson Hornet - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1955 Hudson hornet,100% original. 2 owner car, barn find. 42k miles believed to be accurate. Purchased in 2013 from original owner in Oklahoma. Runs and drives and stops. Has heat and air conditioning but is nonfunctional. New battery and recent oil change/ coolant flush. No trades. I have videos of it running. Clean Oklahoma title in hand.
Contact: Steve Carroll (423) four-nine-zero-five-zero-four-nine

Copy and paste in your email: 0b73883b49e13330b0f5c21ead08fe0b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Hudson Hornet Six Custom 4dr Sedan.The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states 5,357 1955 Hudson Hornet Six Super and Custom 4dr Sedans built.

'55 Hudson Hornet TN a.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN b.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN c.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN d.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN e.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN f.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN g.jpg

'55 Hudson Hornet TN h.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sal Hepatica said:

If George Mason hadn't insisted on the skirted wheelhouse on the Nash, maybe it would have sold better. The Hudson "Hash" cars look significantly better than their contemporary Nash stablemates, because of the open wheelhouses.

I think that the number one objection to the Nashes and Hudsons of this era was their deplorable handling characteristics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I think that the number one objection to the Nashes and Hudsons of this era was their deplorable handling characteristics.

Was their handling truly bad, or just equal to the 

average car of that era and a disappointment to 

the "Step-down" Hudson fans?  I appreciate learning

from people more knowledgeable than I on a subject.

I doubt it was truly bad compared to most cars of the time. I had a bathtub Nash with the same underpinnings and it wasn't astonishingly bad at anything, except probably drag racing. The problem here is that the step-down's handling was exceptional for the time, and they replaced it with a Nash whose handling was average or bad depending on who you ask.

Although it was unlikely the 'Kenosha' Hudsons would handle as well as the Step-Downs, one benefit of opening the front wheel wells for the 1955-'57 Hudsons was widening the front track width relative to what the Nashes had to have.

1955-'57 Nash: 56.4"

1955-'57 Hudsons: 59.5"

Overall height also affects the center of gravity and its effect on handling.

1954 Hudsons: 60.4" OAL, 6.1" minimum road clearance

1955 Hudsons: 62.3" OAL, 6.9" minimum road clearance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For reasons that involved a rear seat that converted to a bed, my older brother always had '49 - '51 Nashs. I can remember vividly sitting next to him in the front passenger seat when he would turn right at a corner. I was always amazed at how much higher than him I suddenly was. Those Nashs would roll so much that I found myself still sitting next to him, but at the same time, above him. And, all of the time, we're going less than ten miles per hour.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1