Jump to content

' 29 Model A Phaeton, set up for touring $20,500


Recommended Posts

If you like the modifications, this is a good price! 

https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/cto/d/toquerville-29-model/7508870367.html

29 Model A with police head juice breaks Overdrive 12 volt system downdraft carburetor with electronic ignition also have updraft carburetor with the points
Call Tim at 801-560-7311

00e0e_lEAGLgUuwjbz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00C0C_keqL49oGdmDz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00I0I_kQlUd25OGXez_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00k0k_5UWqU3OAR2Zz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00t0t_eFSc8QFPzJuz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00q0q_1yDdCbli67lz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like it too but those big whites make me think of the one Donald Duck drove:

Disney Classic Car Capers - Donald, Mickey, Goofy Classics! - video  Dailymotion

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

If one can live without shiny I know of another open A with correct brakes, wheels and tires for less... 🤔😉😁 

This one is interesting partially because it has every bell and whistle, but BOY, is it geographically challenged. Check the map associated with the listing and zoom out...not exactly "down town'. Maybe that's why they wanted all these distance enhancing features.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

This one is interesting partially because it has every bell and whistle, but BOY, is it geographically challenged. Check the map associated with the listing and zoom out...not exactly "down town'. Maybe that's why they wanted all these distance enhancing features.  

That is actually a very scenic area and only a short drive from the location shown to Zion National Park. Less of a metropolitan area that Sonoma and pretty far from a big city, but not exactly out in the middle of nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ply33 said:

That is actually a very scenic area and only a short drive from the location shown to Zion National Park. Less of a metropolitan area that Sonoma and pretty far from a big city, but not exactly out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm been to Zion, and Utah is a nice place, with very nice people. I wouldn't say where I live is better, but it's a different situation if you are selling a collector car.  If you consider the amount of potential buyers within easy driving distance, of even a major airport, I think it does make it harder to sell.

Also, people who live in rural areas do drive farther, and their car choices reflect that. That's all I was trying to say. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

I'm been to Zion, and Utah is a nice place, with very nice people. I wouldn't say where I live is better, but it's a different situation if you are selling a collector car.  If you consider the amount of potential buyers within easy driving distance, of even a major airport, I think it does make it harder to sell.

Also, people who live in rural areas do drive farther, and their car choices reflect that. That's all I was trying to say. 

Thank you for the clarification. Thinking about it, you are right about the pool of prospective buyers.

 

For what it is worth, the back roads in Marin and Sonoma are some of the best I have been on for taking drives in an old car. The roads where I live now are not as nice for a Sunday drive in an old car as those that were available to me when I lived in the SF Bay Area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zeke01 said:

Forgive me but if you want a car that will go faster more comfortably than a Model “A” why don’t you buy a higher quality car?

A very reasonable question! I've been thinking about an early 30's Buick or Chrysler for just that reason.

On the other hand, Model A has a huge community, parts of which support not only "high point" restorations but also modifications. A down draft Holley isn't everybody's cup of tea but no one will lose their mind over it either, and because these modifications are in current production, parts are readily available.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St George isn’t THAT far from Las Vegas if someone wanted to fly in for a look, especially at the speed limits down there. Agree, a very pretty place and an area that should be on everyone’s bucket list.

If you want a car that will cruise at a significantly higher speed than a Model A, you should for something from the late ‘30’s. I’m sure there are early ‘30’s cars that will go fast as well, but they’re going to cost you a lot more than a Buick Century, LaSalle,etc.

The idea of doing 65 in a car that has a gas tank for a dash just freaks me out, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, suchan said:

St George isn’t THAT far from Las Vegas if someone wanted to fly in for a look, especially at the speed limits down there. Agree, a very pretty place and an area that should be on everyone’s bucket list.

If you want a car that will cruise at a significantly higher speed than a Model A, you should for something from the late ‘30’s. I’m sure there are early ‘30’s cars that will go fast as well, but they’re going to cost you a lot more than a Buick Century, LaSalle,etc.

The idea of doing 65 in a car that has a gas tank for a dash just freaks me out, anyway.

The location looks to be about 2 hours from Las Vegas, so you could do it but you'd have to be pretty sure about what you'd find when you get there.

There's a huge difference in style between early 30's and late 30's and for me at least, that's the issue. I'm not looking for a 65mph cruise, but you need 55 to not be hazard, and a lot of places not far away don't have routes that allow slower travel. 

Regarding gas tank in the dash...similar to VW and Porsche probably the least likely place to suffer impact damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...