1913 Buick Roadster

per olav faaren

1 hour ago, per olav faaren said:

1913 MCLaughlin Roadster and a 1913 Buick Roadster. Need information about engine size ccm and hp on the Roadster version

McLaughlin used the same drive trains as US made Buicks.  You just need to determine which size you have.

• Like 2

That is a 1913 Model 30 Buick roadster.  It has the 201 cu inch motor,  which was the middle size motor in 1913,  sharing this motor with the Model 31 tourer producing 28.9 hp.  SAE.  Did you buy this car,  as it was for sale last year.

• Like 1

Congratulations on finding a rare and great looking brass Buick. The Brass Buick Yahoo group is a great source for information, knowledge and locating parts. This site has helped me a lot finding parts and information for my 1910 Model 16.  I am sure someone on this site can help you with the parts you need. Welcome to the world of early Buicks!

https://brassbuicks.groups.io/g/BB

10 Buick 1.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, per olav faaren said:

I'm looking for valve caps, plugs, original carburetor

Valve caps??  Tire valve caps?

Do you want to make this a show car or a driver?  

Original Schebler carburetors are available from many Buick owners who replaced them.

Spark plugs are a matter of preference.  Modern plugs are available.

The BrassBuicks site listed above will be most helpful.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Buicknutty said:

Would these work in my 1916 D45 light six?

Sorry for the slightly off topic post.

Thanks.

Keith

They should work fine.  With the long electrode they are less susceptible to fouling.  That is all that I and many others use in our old Buicks.

Here at Rockauto.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=318026&jsn=276

Product main large

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I do not know where ROCK AUTO got that image but it is not for a Champion 589/ W89D. Electrode and insulator much too long.

090-589_000.jpg.0c30e12a0f1871d48e838803be6372d9.jpg This is the 589/W89D I have in my car.

The distance from where the plug seats on the head to the electrode gap is 1 1/8". This plug has the electrode exposed. In original applications the threaded shell was longer. But still the "reach" of the plug should still be 1 1/8".

Below a photo of the original style AC plugs. On the left an AC TITAN for 1923 and earlier Buicks. It has an 1 1/8" Hex. More room on the cage valve engines. On the right a later AC type C. for 1924-1928 Buick engines with detatchable heads. Smaller plug space because of cooling cavities in a detatchable head. The hex on these are 7/8". These can also be found on the earlier engines. Reach is 1 1/8".

DSC00533.JPG.04ce96d7d45527938522aea1217bf0bb.JPG

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

hey should work fine.  With the long electrode they are less susceptible to fouling.  That is all that I and many others use in our old Buicks.

Here at Rockauto.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=318026&jsn=276

That is great news Larry, thank you very much. Mine still work but the electrodes look like have been repaired on a couple of them, so I'll check out the link.

Keith