1928 Graham Brothers Dodge Brothers Screenside Truck - $28,500 (Sequim WA)

IMPECCABLE...         See all the pictures

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/carlsborg-1928-graham-brothers-dodge/7498262196.html

1928 Graham Brothers Dodge Brothers Screenside Truck

Absolutely beautiful complete frame off full restoration, every nut and bolt like new. This truck is a 1928 Graham Brothers Screenside Truck, ¾ ton. this is the last year of the Graham Brothers trucks. In 1929 they became Dodge Brothers. This truck has a rebuilt/restored 6 cylinder with three speed transmission that runs perfect. Hydraulic brakes, wood spoke wheels, oak wood bed, everything works as it should. The under carriage looks like new, no rust anywhere. 35,000 original miles, driven less than 500 miles after complete restoration. It just came out of the LeMay Automobile Museum in Tacoma, Washington where it had been on display. I have more photos. Email for more information. This is a rare opportunity to own a beautiful, rare piece of automotive history. Clean clear title. 360-670-5496

00000_dX7Rp6avnU0z_0Ba0rS_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

I presume this was the truck in the original post above?

As Stakeside said, the body is 100% made by Graham Brothers (Sold by Dodge Brothers Dealers) and not by York Hoover. They did share some similarities, but so did a lot of other vehicles over time in the auto industry. Though not completely original, this Canopy truck is a fine example of one of the last series Graham Brothers bodies produced during a very exciting time in auto history just prior to the Chrysler purchase of Dodge Brothers.

@StillOutThere

I've noticed several auctions listed under Lucky Collectors Auction (LeMay) so I'm guessing the truck hasn't sold and may be in one of the upcoming auctions so no quiet sell down going on. Is it a way of down sizing for the future? Possibly, but I haven't seen anything on it. Also, it could be they are reinvesting in more inventory and the auctions are a way of expanding.... again, not sure what is happening ultimately. Have they always had auctions? I'm not sure as I don't follow them closely nor am I from the area. Perhaps someone in the area might know more...

If anyone is interested, keep an eye out for the lot updates as they rollout on the second link I'm posting below, not sure if the Canopy truck will be available but might pay to watch for it. If anyone knows of this vehicle already being sold please notify us on this thread if you would be so kind.

LeMay Collections at Marymount – Northwest's largest automobile collection and more (lemaymarymount.org)

Spring Classic 2023 Lot Listings — Lucky Collector Car Auctions (luckyoldcar.com)

262643464361693284-imgp2968_orig.jpg

image.png.7723ac11560d4ce53b352726b5366baa.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

This auction stinks up the local Craigs List searches every year. 

And they don't delete the ads after the auction.

I like to see what is for sale not a bunch of plugs for an auction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 8:40 AM, JACK M said:

This auction stinks up the local Craigs List searches every year. 

And they don't delete the ads after the auction.

I like to see what is for sale not a bunch of plugs for an auction.

I agree Jack, at least have the decency to go back and remove those ads so they don't keep clogging up buyers searches.
Drives me bat S**) crazy sometimes. 

Those are the kinds of things I'll flag on CL, but even the flagging can take up too much time and I just give up after a while because there's so much garbage. 

CL and eBay need to find a way to reign in the BS. 

• Like 1