1937 Plymouth Sedan - $5,500 OBO... Not that bad

If you could do old fashioned body and fender work, this is a great start. People don't do themselves any favors by trying to use old gas! That picture of the wife with her arms crossed says a lot! 

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/sparks-1937-plymouth-sedan/7495454548.html

37 Plymouth Sedan
All original Flathead 6 / Manual Transmission
I bought this with intentions to fix it up but now we are looking to move and it might be best to part ways with “Lulu”. It needs a lot of work. The roof has been dented, along with other parts on the body. I did have it running and we got to drive it around but the varnished gas keeps gumming up the valves and they stick open. It comes with a bunch of paperwork and has a documented 62,000 miles. It is titled, registered, and insured. It’s an interesting old car but unfortunately I need to find her a new home.
Price is $5500 cash. No games…Open to in person offers but let’s be reasonable please. (775) 830-2929

00505_f09B7F75iURz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00N0N_lo83F4utbYlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00n0n_4CbX7R4qZeQz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00F0F_aimsTNQwzKQz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00303_7rBg1cmF50vz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00L0L_jlcokdvJnihz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1 hour ago, supercub said:

The Plymouth is salvagable, a good deep cleaning could take it a long way. 

But then you will wash away all that neglect,  I mean patina, you are paying extra for. 

Are any of these types of cars selling in this range.  Seem to be alot of tired sedans that need the same money and work as a much cooler coupe to get back on the road.  I would say spend more and get some thing in better shape. 

• Like 1

I get the feeling the current owner regrets ever buying Lulu in the first place. He's in way over his head and now he's looking for someone to bail him out. I wonder what he considers to be a reasonable offer for a car in this condition. I think $1000 would be plenty to pay for it as it just needs too much work. Start adding up the costs of restoration today and all the manhours involved. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supercub said:

I'm first bidder at $.99.

Or buy it now for $1000.

I hope you get it. Good luck. 

I like the ad. The guy sounds like if you asked him a question you'd get a straight answer. 

Hey guys,

I am the owner of the 37' Plymouth (Lulu), or I should say, Co-Owner. Lulu is my wife's car. Surprising enough, her disappointed look in the photos is from when we initially looked at the car to buy. I was saying no and she wasn't happy about that. Ultimately I lost that decision. I recently listed it because we have been trying to purchase a home but unfortunately now with interest rates climbing, its just not the right time now. I did pull the ad last night and we will hang on to Lulu for now.

I'll keep an eye out on this forum for information on on these early cars. I'm well versed in 60's / 70's Mopars but the early stuff is new to me. Next step for Lulu is to pull the tank and get it flushed. 

Thanks for having me - Mike

• Like 4

4 hours ago, superbeemike said:

Hey guys,

I am the owner of the 37' Plymouth (Lulu), or I should say, Co-Owner. Lulu is my wife's car. Surprising enough, her disappointed look in the photos is from when we initially looked at the car to buy. I was saying no and she wasn't happy about that. Ultimately I lost that decision. I recently listed it because we have been trying to purchase a home but unfortunately now with interest rates climbing, its just not the right time now. I did pull the ad last night and we will hang on to Lulu for now.

I'll keep an eye out on this forum for information on on these early cars. I'm well versed in 60's / 70's Mopars but the early stuff is new to me. Next step for Lulu is to pull the tank and get it flushed. 

Thanks for having me - Mike

I guess we had your wife all wrong Mike! You're a lucky man!