1936 Pontiac Deluxe 6 hood rear pads

The `35-36 Chevy Master rear hood pad is approx 1 15/16" long with 2 tabs to be bent over to hold in place. My `35 Pontiac rear hood pads are completely different from the Chevy. Don`t know if the `35-36 Pontiac rear hood pads are the same. My `35 pad looks like a chunk of rubber sandwiched between a piece of metal and the back side of the hood panel. This one looks like an EZ fix to carve one out of a chunk of rubber. I have no idea where you might find an OEM replacement, maybe AACA member KornKurt.

• Like 1

The back ones are just little radiused plates that I assume are supposed to be encased in rubber. They are held on to the hood with one rivet each. It is the same type rivet that is used to hold other parts to the hood panel. Mine are missing the rubber, and from the looks of it have probably been dinging up the paint for 50 years. I had plans to try to try to mold some new rubber in place, but never did anything about it. I didn't particularly want to drill the rivets out unless I was going to repaint. If you find a source, please post it!

• Like 1

I looked closer to my `35 hood pad. There is a piece of metal spot welded to the back side of the hood panel which creates a pocket, for the pad to slide into, pad looks to be vulcanized to a thin piece of metal, slip pad into pocket and hex head set screw locks pad in place. No rivet.