Value of '37 Zephyr Coupe??

Wanting to know what the approximate value of my 1937 Zephyr Coupe is. Does not have a V12 despite the badging. Has a V8. To my knowledge, it is all original aside from the motor and the brake lines/tires. (Still has a gas ration stamp on it). If I need more pictures to help decipher, please let me know. It has sat, partially covered for 15 years since last driven. I have several people asking for a price and it is for sale.... just not sure. Any help is appreciated.image.jpeg.4d5cbf84125aeb3b53bf3bff8046ed21.jpeg

20220529_093701.jpg

That is a super desirable car. It is unfortunate that it no longer has the 12-cylinder engine, but they aren't so scarce that one couldn't be found. Unfortunately it is probably worth more to someone who will end up turning it into a street rod than to someone who would restore this beauty. I'll throw out a guess of $20,000. I'm sure that's on the high side, but at the end of this project (whether restored or customized), the difference in its true value and $20k will be a drop in the bucket.

All other responders: Please spare us the fact statement that "you'll have more in this car to restore it than it's worth." 

• Like 2

Wes it's a beautiful car!  It's always so sad when they've been 'rat-rodded' by those who think they know better than the engineers who created them.  Throughout the 40's-60's and beyond we've lost a lot of classic cars to the scrap heap by well-meaning people not realizing the true value of these vehicles.  This one appears to be original enough that it can be saved by the right person so dedicated.  Luckily parts are available, but it all gets so expensive as time passes to find what you need.  Perhaps one day we'll see it strolling down the road reminding us of a much different time when we might have there to understand and appreciate it!   

I agree with Wes; $20,000 is probably attainable.

Those are very desirable cars for customization OR restoration.

Recent sales have been in the $40,000 TO $90,000 range, per classic.com:

MARKET PRICES

1937 Lincoln Zephyr

For Sale0

Avg$64,733

Sales Count3

Lowest Sale$41,800

Top Sale$88,000

Most Recent$88,000

If I had that car and wanted to sell it, I would spend some time and $$ to clean it up and then list it on Bring-a-Trailer.com or Barnfinds.com.

There is a 42 Zephyr listed on eBay right now with a "Buy It Now" price of $28,500. This car was previously listed at $30,000 but did not sell at that price.

The eBay car also has a V8 currently installed, but a correct V12 comes with the car.

The eBay car looks worse than the car pictured above and, in my opinion, the '37 is more desirable.

Edited by 95Cardinal
removed blank lines, corrected price range (see edit history)

7 hours ago, K8096 said:

Those windwings are a desrable and hard to find item too.  They are an authentic Lincoln Zephyr accessory.    

First thing I would put on eBay!

I do not like wind wings.

and the combination of wind wings and spotlights is the ultimate in messing things up. Now you can’t open the hood, or the door, without moving things.

I appreciate all of the feedback. I have a young man that is willing to pay 20k as is. He has stated his only intention is to restore to original and not to hot-rod it or chop it. I have seen his work with other classics and he does great work. I wish I had the time to restore it myself (have too many other projects)!

On 6/3/2022 at 9:10 AM, Always Learning said:

I appreciate all of the feedback. I have a young man that is willing to pay 20k as is. He has stated his only intention is to restore to original and not to hot-rod it or chop it. I have seen his work with other classics and he does great work. I wish I had the time to restore it myself (have too many other projects)!

I have been looking for one of these all year long to restore. I will give you $25k cash right now for it. Can you contact me so we can discuss it?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Jacob

Edited by Spankysgargae (see edit history)

16 hours ago, alsancle said:

First thing I would put on eBay!

I do not like wind wings.

and the combination of wind wings and spotlights is the ultimate in messing things up. Now you can’t open the hood, or the door, without moving things.

Well then you'd be a wealthy man & could afford to buy me a nice dinner at Hershey.    Here's the last set that sold on e bay.   

image.png.5376e132f03e5ff25dc4dbc8a1a0a348.png 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 5:40 AM, West Peterson said:

That is a super desirable car. It is unfortunate that it no longer has the 12-cylinder engine, but they aren't so scarce that one couldn't be found. Unfortunately it is probably worth more to someone who will end up turning it into a street rod than to someone who would restore this beauty. I'll throw out a guess of $20,000. I'm sure that's on the high side, but at the end of this project (whether restored or customized), the difference in its true value and $20k will be a drop in the bucket.

All other responders: Please spare us the fact statement that "you'll have more in this car to restore it than it's worth." 

$20,000 on the high side, your crazy it’s worth three times at least even in June 2022 come on man really