For Sale: 58 Limited 4 Door "Gonzo"

Smartin

Call me a fool for thinking I could manage having TWO cars of my own.  After realizing what it's going to take to get this car where I want it to be, PLUS doing pretty much the same thing to the 58 Roadmaster right now, this isn't going to work out. 

Asking $25k obo, located in the St. Louis, MO area. 

There are two things I haven't had time to do yet, to make it where I want for a driver.  I need to install shocks in all 4 corners.  Also, swap the speedometer for a rebuilt one I have for it.  I will likely get to the shocks before the 2022 national meet, but the speedometer will be a wild card.  If it doesn't sell before the meet, I will have it in the car corral there.  Clean title in hand.

I've taken the car on a couple one-hour blasts on the highway at 75mph, and it stays decently cool...seems to like it.

New since I bought it:

Full exhaust system with two mufflers and resonators, nice and quiet

New radial tires - bias ply look-alikes from Diamond Back

Rebuilt carburetor

Resealed torque ball

Brakes have been serviced and work well

Power windows have been repaired and lubed

Autronic eye works!  Blower motor and heater work as designed.  Horn works. Power antenna works.  Turn signals are functioning, and cancel cam works as designed.  Radio works.  Wonderbar is functional, as is the foot pedal for it.  Transmission was converted to standard Dynaflow.  It is not a flight pitch.  It works well, though.  Transmission and engine do have a couple leaks.  Nothing major.

For a chronicle of everything I've done to the car, plus photos and videos, here is the thread in Me and My Buick:

Edited by Smartin (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had been talking to a European buyer, and he was nervous about insulting me with an offer....then it sold for $22.5k and he sent me a message after the sale telling me that was the same as what his offer would have been. LOL!  So I told him I would come back to him if this sale went bad.  But my buyer has already paid and he is picking it up tomorrow.

• Like 4