Need parts after being T boned at 55

• 1 month later...

In a few weeks I will begin to work on the car. I am in the process of moving now. When I get to my new home I will have a barn and plenty of room to work on it. I am trying to get it ready for the Penn Yan Dodge Brothers tour I plan to drive it under its own power there and back. It’s about a two hour car ride in modern iron. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 10:54 PM, Mpgp1999 said:

At my school I have access to a frame straightener

I would get the frame that was offered a couple of posts before.  That will make your life a 1,000 times better.  Take part off the old frame and put on the new frame.  If it does not fit on the new frame, is the part damaged?  That will help you get a car that should drive correctly.  Just IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I would need a new fan, Right fender, door handles, at least “new” door hardware, passenger running board. Interior floorboards, toe board. I believe everything else I should be able to repair. I may end up putting on some other doors in the meantime while I can get mine repaired and painted. I’m sure the window regulators may be messed up. Fortunately the headlights and Cowl  lights are undamaged. I will most likely need lots of hammers and dollies to repair the dents. I may find some spare doors to throw on until I can get around to repairing mine. 

Edited by Mpgp1999 (see edit history)

On 8/6/2022 at 6:47 PM, Larry Schramm said:

I would get the frame that was offered a couple of posts before.  That will make your life a 1,000 times better.  Take part off the old frame and put on the new frame.  If it does not fit on the new frame, is the part damaged?  That will help you get a car that should drive correctly.  Just IMO.

I will do that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I decided to do a ground up restoration on the car. I need to disassemble everything get everything down to bare metal repair what is needed then paint and reassemble. I’m going to see if I can get the parts car running and driving.  

• Like 2