2600 makes of Automobiles/White Post Restorations

I saw this at the Franklin museum in Tucson. It is roughly 4 feet by 5 feet. I have never seen another one. Do any of you have a source for one?  Would anyone be interested in selling theIrs?  I would like to get one. 

3445089B-3557-4B06-8748-A1030993AAA3.jpeg

• Like 1

That's really cool John.  Cannot help locate one but that number is not surprising when one considers the years 1900 to say 1925.  A lot of smaller concerns folded well before the depression, or turned into parts mfg. Instead.  I have a book on CT built cars, which was an eye opener.

White Post was giving these out 30 plus years ago.  They were, unfortunately, copied from a copyrighted poster and they were forced to quit doing so.   

I have one, don’t think I have a spare but will check…..

• Like 1

I don't know if I have the same one as above but recall something very similar if not made by look magazine or something similar back in the early 1960's if I recall correctly.  I'll try to find it.  Suppose to be a feel like of 90 today so a good day to look in the basement.  I'm just hoping i didn't sell it and forgot that I did. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I would love to source one if it isn’t too much trouble.  

I wonder if a new similar product could be designed and sold through the AACA as a fundraiser. Surely a few other guys are crazy like me and would buy one. 

I looked for a while yesterday and didn't have any luck turning it up.  My literature is well sorted,  but this is one of those extra things that just gets stuffed with other extra things in no real order. If I did shows it would have been one of those things that got put in a dollar box in hopes somebody wanted it just to find it a new home.   I still don't recall selling it,  but I may have.  I'll keep looking. 

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

I looked for a while yesterday and didn't have any luck turning it up.  My literature is well sorted,  but this is one of those extra things that just gets stuffed with other extra things in no real order. If I did shows it would have been one of those things that got put in a dollar box in hopes somebody wanted it just to find it a new home.   I still don't recall selling it,  but I may have.  I'll keep looking. 

Thanks Randy.  A dollar doesn’t seem fair, I’m thinking dinner for you and your wife at the very least!

I'm starting to lose hope that I may still have it.  I looked again today and found a bunch of Hearse literature I forgot about and some neat boat stuff as well (both good finds) , but still didn't turn it up.  It's yours if I do,  but I'm starting to run out of piles to dig through.    I will let you know if I do come across it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, richasco said:

I think the original was from the Saturday Evening Post. They do turn up on eBay occasionally. See the link below to compare.

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/338007-1950s-saturday-evening-post-poster-list-of-all-2530-car-makes-sold-in-the-usa/

Thanks, that is very cool. The one I saw at the Franklin museum was significantly larger.