1949 Kaiser Virginian for sale

Perhaps most rare of the orphan brand is the 1949 Kaiser Virginian four-door hardtop, essentially a simulated convertible with a vinyl-covered steel roof welded to a production convertible body. This was somewhat forward-looking as it would be quite a few years before Detroit started slapping vinyl roofs on just about anything.

“Only 935 Virginians were believed to be built in 1949,”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Been for sale off and on for over 10 years.  Why not try an eBay no reserve auction and let it go.  

I'd suggest Bring A Trailer

Sometimes ya just gotta kick the dirt and take the highest eBay bid.

If you are prone to sellers remorse,  Meh.....

Point is you never know.

I am finding lately that I am kind of relieved to just be done with some stuff.

35 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Seller inherited the car (I think) and it has been in a museum for years.   May not run?  Not sure.  It’s a great car. And they only made a little over 900 of them.  But does the seller want to sell?  

I was the one that bought the car.. BJ a local speed shop picked it up in 1983..  I found it in 1991 and became the owner.

I did inherited in the courts.. A non car guy ran it thru probate. He should of just gave me the Death cert to remove my dad from the title..

I had to run the cars thru probate twice.. Because another non car guy did this..

non car.jpg

Yes. I owned a Polar Grey one like the one for sale. I think they should command a premium over other 1949 vehicles one might consider.  The center post is bolted in. I believe mine were some huge Phillips head fasteners. I needed an impact and soaking to remove.  

• 10 months later...