34 PE clutch and brake draft seal

rageracing

The pedal off my car came like this with too seals.  One is c-shape.  Is that needed?  I am going to put new seals on them.  Also for the new ones, do they install from pedal side or the bottom side.  Hoping pedal side otherwise I have to take that all apart again

DD6285BE-9E16-455F-A95B-4CB216EAE2EE.jpeg

Only one of those two seals is needed. The upper one is what I see most often but can be a real pain to get on for the 1933 (and I guess the 1934) as the pedals don’t unbolt from the shaft like later cars. That "C" shaped seal that is lower in your photo would be a heck of a lot easier to install on my '33 than the other one.

In any case, they go on the engine side of the toe board and only seal the opening when the pedal is released.

I wish I did.

The ones on my car are currently the style you have on top and they have torn over the years I have hand them on the car so I need to replace them. But I have been putting that off as there really is not a good way to install them with the clutch and brake pedal assembly in the car.

I am thinking about simply getting some suitable rubber and cutting out something like the "C" shape in your photo.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...