Introduction and question

Good evening to everyone here on AAC.......my name is Bill H. also known as Hinckley Bill on a bunch of remote control airplane sites.....you can check that I've done a whole lot of buying and selling of my main hobby over numerous years.

"Why Hinckley Bill?" - I live outside the little town of Hinckley, IL, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago, IL.

"What's an RC guy doing on this site?????"

To make a long story short, I'm trying to help the family of a recently deceased buddy of mine (Gerry Ruschke) sell a couple of items I believe were made for a two-cylinder 1912 Maxwell that his brother (Larry Ruschke) owned and left to Gerry when he passed about 5 years ago.  The car was sold about 2 or 3 years ago but these parts didn't go with the sale.

I did some 'googling' and found a partial picture of Larry's Maxwell, as well as pictures of two cylinder Maxwell motors, the latter of which make me believe that the two pieces I have are new 'cast' cylinders for this model of car.  I'm attaching pictures of the two new cylinders I have to sell.

If anyone cares to chime in on whether my guess on the parts is correct, as well as whether this is the site I should be listing them for (and perhaps a ball park price too if possible?) I'd sure appreciate it.

Sorry for any inconvenience this post might cause.

Bill

Larry Ruschke 1912 Maxwell.jpg

20160323_233132.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

Edited by Hinckley Bill (see edit history)

G'day Hinckley Bill, welcome aboard the AACA Forums. Can't help with value, but if they are "NEW" jugs must be a reasonably worthwhile item.

To gain better exposure here would be wise to post in the Maxwell Forum and probably in the Parts For Sale Forum as well. Just scroll down the list of forums to find the appropriate one.

Edited by Ozstatman
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

G'day Hinckley Bill, welcome aboard the AACA Forums. Can't help with value, but if they are "NEW" jugs must be a reasonably worthwhile item.

To again better exposure here would be wise to post in the Maxwell Forum and probably in the Parts For Sale Forum as well. Just scroll down the list of forums to find the aproppriate one.

Appreciate the shout back my friend....I'll definitely find the Maxwell Forum and go from there!

Bill

Bill, good of you to help this family out and get these useful items into the hands of someone who will benefit from them. 

don’t hesitate to stick around, it wouldn’t surprise me that there is some cross pollinating of guys on this site and the ones that you live on. Most of us like anything that is mechanical and moves.