Early 50's Mopar Wagon Story?

Fox H.

I remember reading a couple years ago a story written in period about a man who bought a Mopar wagon of some kind and documented his ownership. I don't remember what brand, but it was a flathead 6 I believe, and was an early 1950's model. He made several modifications to the car over the years, but put an extensive amount of miles towing and road tripping with the family. The story was rather long, several pages worth, with him speaking highly of the vehicle throughout. He was very deliberate to document oil consumption, mileage, mechanical repairs, etc.

If anyone knows where I can find this story, or even the title of the written piece, I would very much appreciate being pointed in that direction, as I would like to read it again for reference. 

Apologies for the vagueness, I don't remember many details, but it was quite a distinctive story.

• Like 2

Sounds like an interesting read if we can find it...

Maybe if you could answer a few question to help us recall. Since wagon can mean many different things try giving us a bit more to go off of first.

1.) Was the wagon a woody body style

or

2.) Was it a military style panel wagon (ambulance)

3.) Was it a passenger wagon for family (traditional station wagon look) 

4.) Was it a power wagon (truck or panel) of any kind

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Sounds like an interesting read if we can find it...

Maybe if you could answer a few question to help us recall. Since wagon can mean many different things try giving us a bit more to go off of first.

1.) Was the wagon a woody body style

or

2.) Was it a military style panel wagon (ambulance)

3.) Was it a passenger wagon for family (traditional station wagon look) 

4.) Was it a power wagon (truck or panel) of any kind

It was a normal passenger wagon. I believe steel bodied, no visible wood. I believe there was a picture imbedded which showed it being quite large. 

6 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Well, there's this one: 

And the guy from Edmonton who aren't afraid to drive their Mopars all over the place, but they aren't wagons.

I have met the Edmonton gentleman a couple times. Amazing Dodge. I would love to do the same hopefully soon. It is neither of these stories, it was written a long time ago.

Wow, that's a great story! A testament to how sturdy those cars are with proper care and maintenance. It reminds me of my Aunt Doris and Uncle Jimmy's 50 Dodge. But they lived in Nova Scotia and rust chewed it to pieces along with most cars back in the 50's and 60's.