1940 Ford Flower Car $140K F/B

6 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

Absolutely beautiful car, neat as a pin, but if you don't own a funeral home, what do you do with it? Kind of like a fire truck, neat to look at, but what do you do with it? Just an opinion. $140K??

Yeah, we probably all agree with you on that point. A real treat to peruse! It's actually so out of proportion that it wouldn't look any better if it was rodded, either. I think I see a seam in the running board.

• Like 1

I don't think that this one had rear doors, though most of the later ones do. Sometimes they look like remnants from a remodeled sedan. Also, I think it looks like that roof came on a coupe originally and not something made for this body. I'm sure glad that it survived intact for all of these years. 

I used to live in a small town in the mountains. There was a mortuary, but with the  small population, it wasn't a full time job, so the mortician also worked in the meat department at Safeway. He rented out the large garage at the back of his space to a mechanic, and that guy used to chase parts in the hearse. The bed in this vehicle would be pretty handy at Home Depot.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

I used to live in a small town in the mountains. There was a mortuary, but with the  small population, it wasn't a full time job, so the mortician also worked in the meat department at Safeway. He rented out the large garage at the back of his space to a mechanic, and that guy used to chase parts in the hearse. The bed in this vehicle would be pretty handy at Home Depot.  

That sent a shiver down my spine!