Looking for Help on Valuing 1929-31? Pierce Arrow Sedan Parts Car

ShawnLancaster

I have a friend who is working though his father's estate and they have a Pierce Arrow sedan. See attached pics.  Any insight on what the market looks like for this kind of car and what they should be expecting. It appears to be rough (to say the least), though mostly complete. Car is located in upstate NY.  

Appreciate your opinions on the value.  Thanks, Shawn

IMG_4060 1.jpg

IMG_4062 1.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4059 1.jpg

Not much left......very little value. Call 413-543-9017 and ask for John. He buys parts cars(he is reasonably close to you)......but be aware, that is not a parts car, it’s what is left of a parts car. 95 percent of the value of the car is already missing. The value is so low, I wouldn’t include it in the list of assets..........

• Like 3

Figuring the value of the car, minus the transportation...........it’s just raw numbers. Unfortunately it’s substantially incomplete...........and all the good stuff is long gone. With the upstate auction a few weeks ago with several incomplete cars selling in the 500-100o dollar range...........not much up side.

I think Ed is right as far as what’s left, your two best bets are dumping it on eBay and seeing what comes of it, or parting it out which is a lot more work without any guarantee of making much more on it. I don’t expect you to see $2500 either way and likely under $1500 is the sad reality unless every missing part from it is there as well.

• Like 1

For those among us that may be looking for a donor parts buck from which to save a better Pierce-Arrow automobile.  Several things should be pointed out as we consider potential value on this one.  The exact year, status of parts not shown in the few provided pictures, and lastly a big deal is what model this rolling yard art is.  Does a title exist?  Does any good history exist of past famous owners, maybe Al Capone?  A real test of the current parts car market took place in the past November where many Packard parts cars as well as a few Pierce-Arrow parts cars found new homes.  I suspect very similar prices on this five or seven passenger sedan would be the order of the day.

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)