Antique Figural Radiator Caps

web44ca

I agree that cap appears to be an aftermarket one for a T Ford, the beaver mascot itself appears to have been hacked off from something much larger, what it was might never be known.

The beaver might have had something to do with Canadian National Parks as it’s similar to several park pass badges I’ve seen. This one is on eBay and has a similar look about it:

3F516C46-3A87-4D50-A5E6-7614AE8375BD.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The winged cap itself looks to be late 1920's Chrysler.  The beaver and "H E" have been bolted to it.

Designed after the Chrysler cap, but smaller and with external threads. The Chrysler cap has internal threads.

1926 Chrysler cap.jpg

1926 Chrysler emblem.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

I agree that cap appears to be an aftermarket one for a T Ford, the beaver mascot itself appears to have been hacked off from something much larger, what it was might never be known.

The beaver might have had something to do with Canadian National Parks as it’s similar to several park pass badges I’ve seen. This one is on eBay and has a similar look about it:

3F516C46-3A87-4D50-A5E6-7614AE8375BD.jpeg

The beaver part looks like it was possibly an emblem or badge that was cut down and then brazed onto the base that was then bolted to the cap.  Being a bit of a national symbol the beaver appears on all sorts of police and military badges and even the old logo from Canadian Pacific Railroad, hey we even had Beaver Lumber, Beaver Gas stations...  I suspect that one of the other canucks on here will recognize where it originated.  

1123445955_04.jpg.8a97d179aed706c31e2d2f9012eb7a3e(2)_LI.jpg.b103006e2cc380598d64c790d54c7bfa.jpg

Don

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 1