1960 Chevy Brookwood wagon. No reserve eBay auction. Not Mine.

Kind of a rough wagon, but pretty unique...I don't think they come up for sale often. This might be one of those rare cases where a complete restoration would be worth it, but I could be wrong. If you like 2 door Chevy full size wagons but don't want yet another Nomad or Handyman, this is one of your few options. It'll be interesting to see what it goes for on this eBay auction. Here's the ad:

1960 Chevrolet Brookwood | eBay

Been sitting in a field for years. It has a title from ND, last license plates says 74, last title was issued in 2001. It needs floors repaired, frame looks fine. Brakes are locked up, haven’t checked engine. Needs full restoration. You don’t see very many 2 door wagons. Car looks original and pretty much complete. Check out all pics and only bid if you can pay for it.

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

$_57.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

...This might be one of those rare cases where a complete restoration would be worth it, but I could be wrong. 

It's not worth it financially, but it's absolutely worth it

historically.  Our hobby wants to preserve history, and

so models should be saved which aren't just the

"glamorous" ones at the top of the line.

Thanks for posting this car, James.

• Like 2

Yes, there is more than a bit of rust, yet if this were a Nomad in this condition, I'm guessing there would be plenty of guys willing to attempt it as a project (albeit a street rod project, if the old Chevy market is any indication.) I've seen worse brought back.

BTW, can anyone remind me what the purpose of those sheet metal panels on each side of the lift gate is? I heard an explanation years ago, but I've forgotten what it was. I used to see them on wagons all the time when I was growing up.

$_1.JPG

59 minutes ago, JamesR said:

BTW, can anyone remind me what the purpose of those sheet metal panels on each side of the lift gate is? I heard an explanation years ago, but I've forgotten what it was. I used to see them on wagons all the time when I was growing up.

Wind deflectors.

Maybe an attempt to deflect the exhaust when the window is down.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Wind deflectors.

Maybe an attempt to deflect the exhaust when the window is down.

They were used to break up back draft behind the car. This helped keep the back window clean and if you had to drive with the back window down it reduced the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

• Thanks 1