For Sale: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan - $13,500 - Wichita, KS - Not Mine

For Sale: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan - $13,500 - Wichita, KS

1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander - cars & trucks - by dealer -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Older lady bought in new in '48, kept it garaged for many years, in Arkansas City, KS. Believed to be actual 48k mile car! Stored in a barn after her death for 40 years and brought back to life recently by D&P Sales. Completely original with the original flat head six. Drives great! Original 72-year-old paint and interior! At one point in her life, the elder owner had a mishap on the right side with a semi-soft object (mailbox or tree?) and did some minor body damage however the paint polished out well. Options include, windshield visor, white wall tires (now new), dual heaters, radio and fluid drive. Amazing preservation of a car from the 40's! Maintenance included restored radiator, new master brake cylinder, wheel cylinders and shoes, R/R fuel tank, rebuild of original Carter carburetor, complete tune up (points, condenser, wires, cap/rotor, repack bearings, etc. Hard to find in this driving/showing condition. At D&P Sales LLC in Wichita, KS.  odometer: 48729

Copy and paste in your email:  228edd5351643cf2a651298ce6a5ef36@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander 4dr Sedan.

'48 Chrysler KS a.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS b.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS c.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS d.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS e.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS f.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS g.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS h.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS i.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS j.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS k.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS l.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS m.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS n.jpg

'48.jpg

'48 Chrysler KS p.jpg

• Like 5

I had one identical to this car about 30 years ago -- even the same exterior color (St. Clair blue) and the Highlander interior in bedford chord and plaid.  @Jeff Perkins / Mn currently has the New Yorker version in the same configuration.  These are wonderful solid tour cars that will run forever once they're properly sorted, and this one sounds as if everything has been tended to by the dealer.  Too bad, of course, about the body damage, but I still think it's a reasonable deal at the asking price.

I love this car!

The color combination is so loud, I find it mesmerizing!   Overall condition looks very nice.  I don't think the body damage is too bad.  I would be tempted to take it to one of those "paintless dent removal" guys and see what they could do with it.  I have had some wonderful and amazing successes with them in the past and it would help to preserve that original paint.

Cheers, Greg

I love my ‘48 New Yorker. The wheelbase is 6” longer than the Windsor and I have the Eight. Noticeably more powerful than the Six but I would still call acceleration “leisurely “. The “Highlander “ interior is a big hit at the local car shows as it is seldom seen and little is known by the general public. Seems to me this car is priced fairly and the body damage is not too severe. I would definitely consider it if I was still looking.

13 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

I love my ‘48 New Yorker. The wheelbase is 6” longer than the Windsor and I have the Eight. Noticeably more powerful than the Six but I would still call acceleration “leisurely “. The “Highlander “ interior is a big hit at the local car shows as it is seldom seen and little is known by the general public. Seems to me this car is priced fairly and the body damage is not too severe. I would definitely consider it if I was still looking.

Jeff

Having owned a 1949 New Yorker club coupe I do appreciate the 8 cylinder cars but was always told in the WP Chrysler Club at the time that parts were getting hard to come by and costs to restore were much more than a Windsor.   

I would love to find a 1946-1948 Windsor club coupe.