Today I bought a Dodge

33DP

Today I bought a Dodge. It is a 1933 DP model I believe. It gets collected from Sydney on Monday.

The car is in lovely condition and I am very impressed with it. As you can see, it is RHD so I am wondering was it built here or imported.

The 17 inch tyres however are not easy to come by but i'd rather keep the original wires.

Here are a few photos for your enjoyment.

Regards,

Don

1933 Dodge.jpeg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

Edited by 33DP (see edit history)
  • Like 10

Looks nice.

That accelerator linkage on the manifold looks odd. At least for 1933 Plymouth and later Dodge trucks there is a whole different setup than that. I agree with @Mark Gregush that you probably want to do something about that rubber hose between the fuel pump and the carburetor.

You mention that the 17" tires are hard to get. Are they the same 5.25-5.00 cross section as used on Plymouth for that same year? If so then the tires should be available. Tubes are a different matter.

The accelerator linkage has been replaced at some time in the cars life. I have a large list of the work done and it makes me think the original owner was quite persistent in keeping the car functioning by updating in a discrete manner where possible.

And that hose is going ASAP.

Incredible looking car.  Its also the shorter 112" wheel base.  It's very rare to see the earlier SWB 33 Dodges.  Only about 14.7% had that before they increased the wheel base to 115".  Check your serial number its one of the first 15,420 cars made.  The first being 3579001.