Free '67 Carb

PWB

13 minutes ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

What's the difference between an A.I.R carb and a non A.I.R carb?

I don't know, other than maybe jet and/or metering rod sizes.  Hopefully someone like Carbking will chime-in...

If I remember right - only difference is the rear base port which you would block and the metering rods are .001 inch tighter if I recall. I think you can swap the base plate.  Otherwise its the same exact carb. I just replaced mine because I bought a refurbished one like factory new with all new plating. It was 600 bucks insane - I know.

Its all in the '67 Service manual.

I highly doubt any HP would be affected.

I hate to throw this kinda stuff away. 

• Like 1

I would like to send a special shout-out to Paul, who was kind enough to send me various identification numbers on this carburetor for my database. California carburetors are fairly rare in Missouri.

Folks like Paul really help me to attempt to answer questions on these forums.

So Paul...................................THANKS!

Jon.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, carbking said:

Folks like Paul really help me to attempt to answer questions on these forums.

x2!  In fact, I told '60s Buick Fan' that Paul was a good guy based on my personal experience (https://forums.aaca.org/topic/371304-1967-4gc-question/#comment-2300239).  I was sorry to hear he sold his '67 Riviera (since that's how we were initially connected) but glad to hear he's on the hunt for a boat-tail and is still active on this forum.  I hope this works out for the 'other' Tim (i.e., Tim N.), seems like it was meant to be!  ;)  -Tim L.

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)