Jay Leno has nothing on this guy.

1912Staver

Here is the situation where any one like me , you know...gasoline in their vein's would want to be when they are bumping 80. Perfect shop, perfect property in the perfect location, and the icing on the cake, the perfect car.

I will consider my life well lived if I even get 1/2 as far towards automobile nirvana as this gent has. 

enjoy the video, it's magic.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I expect there woud be very little difference below about 75 MPH. After that the 11's better aerodynamics would start to make a  difference. 11's are at least double the price of a early 7. With a good history triple. If I am ever going to afford a decent shop building I have to be very frugal on the rolling stock.  11's are a bit of a pain on the road due to the restricted front wheel steering lock.  Quite a few are road licensed , but not a pleasant car in town. They need the open road.

A person I know scratch built a very acurate Lotus 11  replica several years ago. Unfortunately I never got to drive it. He sold it on quite quickly after completion , mainly because of the problems driving in town. Replaced it with a scratch built 7, then a Zetec powered Lotus Europa . Both are extremely nice cars, a very talented builder. Once you have the shop problem solved , anything is possible.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Thanks for posting.  What a fabulous site....Ivan's youtube channel.  Just watched his video of his 1914 ten liter Peugeot race car.  I can watch content like this uninterrupted for hours and forget to go to the office..........

I'd love to take Ivan out for dinner and drinks and hear his stories.