For Sale: 1960 Buick LeSabre - "Very complete" - $1,000 OBO - Central Square, NY - Not Mine - 10/2 SOLD!

6T-FinSeeker

For sale on Facebook: 1960 Buick LeSabre 4-door Sedan in Central Square, NY  -  $1,000 OBO  -  Must be a member Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4246117475497954/1960-Buick-LeSabre

Seller's Description:

1960 Buick LeSabre 4-door Sedan

• Driven 999,999 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Grey

1960 Buick LeSabre · Sedan · Driven 999,999 miles Been sitting needs interior work engine is set up from sitting very complete including original owners manual. Looking for best offer.

image.png.0897fa5f06bec4ab674795a38c0946a4.png

image.png.1590363c3a77ad25d160a0c96963dd78.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

You need more than two photos to sell ANYTHING.

It's interesting to consider how a raft of photos has apparently become obligatory in posting items for sale. Back in pre-internet days, merchandise for sale by private parties was usually offered in the form small text-only classified newspaper or magazine ads, which prospective buyers would answer if the item interested them.  Buyers didn't expect to be presented with chapter and verse about the item, for which the ad was only expected to convey enough information sufficient for a buyer to determine whether he/she was interested.

But then, apparently, that simple dynamic -- like so many others -- has been supplanted by the norms of a far more demanding age.

A much more detailed ad with detailed photos answers 90% of the questions (or more) before you have to waste your time asking them (or as the seller, answering them).

I try to structure my ads so that I attempt to cover every question that may come up.  Of course, there are always questions on things I don't cover.  But then there are questions on things I had already covered, but folks neglect to read, or watch supplied video that explains everything they just asked.

• Like 5

Probably because almost everyone's phone has a high resolution camera in it these days, with the ability to send the photos anywhere, and with nothing spent on film or developing.

Gone are the days of driving 500 miles to find out "rust free" means "rust is included at no extra charge".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Buick LeSabre - "Very complete" - $1,000 OBO - Central Square, NY - Not Mine - 10/2 SOLD!
20 hours ago, Buickborn said:

It's interesting to consider how a raft of photos has apparently become obligatory in posting items for sale. Back in pre-internet days, merchandise for sale by private parties was usually offered in the form small text-only classified newspaper or magazine ads, which prospective buyers would answer if the item interested them.  Buyers didn't expect to be presented with chapter and verse about the item, for which the ad was only expected to convey enough information sufficient for a buyer to determine whether he/she was interested.

But then, apparently, that simple dynamic -- like so many others -- has been supplanted by the norms of a far more demanding age.

I bought and sold very many parts and cars using those little ads and the vast majority of the time was not disappointed but IMO there was very different level of trust among buyers and sellers back then compared to today. 

I find that usually if an add has a couple pictures and a very brief description getting anymore out of them is like pulling teeth.  Pictures are worth 1000 words because my idea of excellent or poor are totally different than anyone else's.  Look at some of the garbage we see for sale and at shows were the owner thinks the car is mint, I will be the judge of that and with good pictures I don't have to travel to find out unless after I see the pictures I decide I want to see it first hand as well.  There are ZERO excuses for not advertising a car well, if the seller is not computer savvy you can bet a neighbor or relative is.  If you can't deal with the technology and the current way of doing business then get off the merry go round

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2021 at 6:57 AM, cooterbfd said:

Why can I picture this as showing up at the Giant Center as a "Hershey special" $9995 OBO

That's the Wed price....by friday $15,500

It's possible it could turn up as a project car on a trailer in one of the swap meet fields but it won't be in the Car Corral........those vehicles gotta be operable and have to be driven in & out under their own power. Please, no low ballers.