For Sale: 1964 Dodge Dart Convertible - $7,500 - Sioux City, IA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 Dodge Dart Convertible - $7,500 - Sioux City, IA

1964 Dodge Dart Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1964 Dodge Dart convertible is Dodge's 50th anniversary edition. It has the bulletproof Slant 6, automatic push button trans. New master cylinder/brakes, allignment done this summer. I have new belt, air cleaner, distributor cap that needs installed (i may have done by the time it sells, too many projects not enough time/space) i have the new factory correct carpet that goes with the car. Its a Mopar "KKK" code car (triple turquoise aqua) which had a white respray/convertible top installed in the 80's which still presents decent. I also have original NOS steering wheel horn ring (somewhere) that goes with the car. It's a fun summer cruiser with the top down and previous owner installed the "eww-guh" horn from back in the day which gets people's attention. This is a running driving car that could use some tlc. Drive as-is or drive while you restore? Asking $7,500 obo/negotiable *CASH ONLY!!*  odometer rolled over

Copy and paste in your email:   9aa31d95b47f3222bf0b43f2b77fba75@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Dodge Dart Convertible.

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA a.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA b.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA c.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA d.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA e.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA f.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA g.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA h.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA i.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart Conv IA j.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macsmopars said:

I always had a soft spot for these old Darts. If it was closer I would consider viewing it.

Agree. Sharp cars, and Slant 6's are bulletproof.

The seat covers are terrible, but at this price, you can kill a few naugas and make it right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suchan said:

Agree. Sharp cars, and Slant 6's are bulletproof.

The seat covers are terrible, but at this price, you can kill a few naugas and make it right.

Wonder if the original vinyl might be underneath those cloth covers.   Naugahyde was notorious for becoming blisteringly hot when left in the bright sunshine with the top down, cloth covers were done to alleviate some of that painful experience. 

BTW, I doubt the sellers claim this car was once all turquoise, how many cars have we seen that the inside trunk is all completely color changed as well as the outside?   Upon further inspection, the door jams show the turquoise but the trunk looks all white from the factory...huh?

Edited by 58L-Y8
Color change doubtful (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had this exact same car as a daily driver back 30 years ago, plus. The difference only that mine was a coupe. The outside and inside were both turquoise. There was a Naugahyde band about 6 inches in width around all edges, but the seat and the backrest was a nylonish fabric that was quite easy to clean!

When I would take the car in for mandatory annual State Inspection, I always watched as the Mechanic tried to figure out how to take the car out of Park and put into Drive!  Always a hoot! 

Also, when that single bowl Master Cylinder went dry, in my case several times from a rusted brake line, the car did not give you much of a clue that the next pump of the brake pedal is probably your last!!!

Someone did put forth some effort into changing the color to white inside the trunk and under the hood but did a really poor job on the door jambs. The entire firewall from top to bottom should be white. A fairly nice car but I'll bet the original seats under those seat covers are toast or else they would be showing them off in the pictures.