For Sale: 1964 Buick Wildcat 4dr hardtop - 98k Miles - $8,900 - Center Grove, IN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 Buick Wildcat 4dr hardtop - 98k Miles - $8,900 - Center Grove, IN

1964 Buick Wildcat - 98k Miles - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

This is a 1964 Buick Wildcat in Canary Yellow with Piano Black roof and black leather interior. The odometer shows 98miles which I believe to be correct given the car's condition. The title shows "exempt". It looks like the car received a nice restoration in it's past but has aged a little since that time. I would describe it as a nice driver quality car. The power windows, power seat, power steering, power brakes and even the wipers work as they should. The dash lights are all functional and the car currently has aftermarket H.I.D headlights with amber/white halo rings. The factory headlights will be included in the trunk of the car. This is a very solid and straight car. You can see that some metal work was done in the past on the passenger side doors and the rear bumper has been "whiskey licked" but overall the car is very straight. It runs and shifts perfectly. Could use a little brake work due to a pulse and squeak most likely from a warped drum. It stops great though. The car just floats down the road as smooth as can be and cruises at 60-65mph just fine. I purchased this car with plans to keep it and tidy up a couple things but very shortly after buying it a deal came along on another car that I just couldn't turn down. I have a clean and clear title in my name. Not really looking for any trades unless it was for a motorcycle or motorcycle + cash and the trade was clearly in my favor. Otherwise I'm strictly looking for cash and asking $8900 obo. Please email for a phone number.

Copy and paste in your email:  2e5d6ea6bbc234f0bda63cce892045cd@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Buick Wildcat 4dr hardtop.

'64 Buick Wildcat IN a.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN b.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN c.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN d.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN e.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN f.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN g.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN h.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN i.jpg

'64 Buick Wildcat IN j.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, those "Barney Google" headlights have to go, he has the standard sealed beam original type that go with the car.  The wheels are the factory listed optional "Formula Five" chromed steel wheels which were very popular on Buick Wildcats and Rivieras in the 1960's.

28 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Yes, those "Barney Google" headlights have to go, he has the standard sealed beam original type that go with the car.  The wheels are the factory listed optional "Formula Five" chromed steel wheels which were very popular on Buick Wildcats and Rivieras in the 1960's.

My mistake on the wheels.  I guess I will blame my error on poor pictures and morning eyes using a cellphone.  

21 minutes ago, Mark Huston said:

My mistake on the wheels.  I guess I will blame my error on poor pictures and morning eyes using a cellphone.  

Cellphones give you an image the size of a postage stamp, you are forgiven for not recognizing those wheels. 

• Like 1

In the late '60s, my dad drove a company-furnished '64 LeSabre 4dr hardtop.  It was not trimmed out as nicely as this Wildcat, but it was a nice looking car.  As I was approaching the age of 16 in 1969, he let me drive this Buick on backroads as a form of parent-assisted Driver's Ed.

I loved the Buick.  It was responsive, quick, handled great and had A/C!  Compared to my mom's '59 Bonneville and my dad's '56 Studebaker wagon, this was a machine from another world.  A guy in the neighborhood had a '64 Wildcat like this one, only it was solid burgundy.  He called it the Wild Clap.  Quite the card, he was.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Buick men, but isn't 1964 the first model year Buick changed from the last of the Dynaflow automatic transmissions to GM  Turbo Hydra-Matics?

Source a good chrome, straight rear bumper and maybe a set of Wildcat bucket seats and console, add a factory air conditioning set-up if possible and have yourself one really nice Wildcat to enjoy...all four windows down to show off that four door hardtop look.   Air conditioning for those hot, humid days when its too sticky to ride with the windows open.