Losing my mind!

kreed

Restoring a 65 and for the life of me can’t figure out when these two support brackets go. Stupidly didn’t label them when removed thinking it would be obvious .Thought they were alternator/compressor support but can’t make them work there . And not steering pump for sure. Any help/clues  would be greatly appreciated . Probably something very obvious but gotta block right now. Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

ECA40970-BE2E-4632-AF18-ECE52D9D61ED.jpeg

9E2E7351-95BD-4011-9F03-04DA6787F67C.jpeg

Thanks Ed - checked that and cant make it work. The car was in pieces when I got it with several boxes of parts - that’s my excuse and sticking with it! I’ll put my other 65 on a lift and see if I can figure it out ..thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

14 hours ago, kreed said:

Thanks Ed - checked that and cant make it work. The car was in pieces when I got it with several boxes of parts - that’s my excuse and sticking with it! I’ll put my other 65 on a lift and see if I can figure it out ..thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

Try checking again Ken...holds the end of the intermediate shift rod, the other end of the rod goes into a hole in the frame w/nylon bushing. Take a look in the shop manual for the trans linkage adjustement and you`ll probably find another perspective,

Tom

65 trans linkage.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Aha! You’re brilliant Ed and Tom .  That’s it. One down and one to go . Thanks to everyone. Next time I won’t assume I know where things go when putting back together. Seems like every time I take something apart, I always have a few things left over 😀😀...bolts, nuts, screws , etc .  Appreciate all the help. 
KReed

ROA 14549

2 minutes ago, kreed said:

Aha! You’re brilliant Ed and Tom .  That’s it. One down and one to go . Thanks to everyone. Next time I won’t assume I know where things go when putting back together. Seems like every time I take something apart, I always have a few things left over 😀😀...bolts, nuts, screws , etc .  Appreciate all the help. 
KReed

ROA 14549

I hope that`s not how things play out when you`re on the job!

Tom

• Haha 1