FREE: Lug Nut set for chrome wheels

48Super

Free to anyone who can use them is a complete set of 1/2-20 stainless steel capped lug nuts. These were on my '65 for many years and they are all in nice condition. I just replaced them with a beautiful new set of solid stainless lug nuts from Mitch Romanowski so these are now excess. Shipping cost will be $8.50 by USPS flat rate box. Hopefully, someone out there can give these a new home.

lug nuts.jpg

These were on my '65 when I bought it some years back. I did not realize they were actually for a later year. My parts book lists "chrome nuts" for '65 so I assumed the original chrome nuts got shabby looking and the previous owner replaced them with these. I replaced the stainless capped nuts with a set of solid stainless ones. They are absolutely gorgeous. 

40 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

Yes Mike, In 65 the nuts were solid steel and chrome plated. The stainless capped nuts started in 71 I believe and that design did not withstand repeated abuse from impact guns and often the stainless cap would split.  

After the cap split and came off the real problem came to be trying to get you lug wrench to snug up to what was left.