Anybody Help??

Steve Dale

I just typed in 1973 International truck carburetor on my phone.

It can up with all kinds of links to new carbs,rebuild carbs and kits for various models of 1973 IH.

If I can do it...why can't you?

I'm sure you will find something that fits your truck.( if you let YOUR fingers to some walking)😀

Good luck.

• Like 1

Try the 'Cornbinders' site, they might be able to help.  that Holley for them was special, the idle circuit is quite different, the carbs look pretty much the same as any other Holley 2bbl to a lay person, I feel that the IH Holley is an improvement over the original Holley and well worth your time to find the right one.  they are rare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Dale said:

Hi there 

I'm new here looking for a new Holley car for a 1973 International Harvester 110 pickup 258 straight six, anybody got any ideas?? 

Appreciate any help

Cheers Steve 

Screenshot_20200815-202624.png

Hi Steve,

thecarburetorshop.com has some good information that might help you pinpoint what you're looking for.

THE CARBURETOR SHOP / TRUCK CARBURETOR REPAIR KITS I Applications

Doesn't look like Jon has any kits for the 258 setup but you might try sending him a PM ( Private message) on this forum to see if he can suggest anything for a new carb (assuming you don't have a core?). He goes by carbking and he's extremely helpful and one hundred times more knowledgeable about carbs than any of us. 

PM Here: carbking - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

Once there, just click on the blue "message" tab and it will start a new message you can then send to him.

image.thumb.png.50459a092d6f21388e29d65db221d76d.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Steve Dale said:

Hi there 

I'm new here looking for a new Holley car for a 1973 International Harvester 110 pickup 258 straight six, anybody got any ideas?? 

Appreciate any help

Cheers Steve 

Show us a photo of your Line Setting Ticket.

Contact George Kirkham for vintage International parts here--->  About Old International Trucks | Southland International Trucks

Craig

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flivverking said:

I just typed in 1973 International truck carburetor on my phone.

It can up with all kinds of links to new carbs,rebuild carbs and kits for various models of 1973 IH.

If I can do it...why can't you?

I'm sure you will find something that fits your truck.( if you let YOUR fingers to some walking)😀

Good luck.

I'm sure he has tried a few searches which is why he's here... this carb isn't as easy as a quick search ;) 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Well the carburetorfactory.com shows a rebuild kit for 1974-73 International 6, 258 4.2 carb. CodeH-1. Model 1940

Carburetorcenter lists a 1973/74 Ih six,Holley carb model #1940 rebuilt.

$299.95

IH 258 6 carb 1973-74. Shows no other model carb or for that 6.

1 hour ago, Flivverking said:

Well the carburetorfactory.com shows a rebuild kit for 1974-73 International 6, 258 4.2 carb. CodeH-1. Model 1940

Carburetorcenter lists a 1973/74 Ih six,Holley carb model #1940 rebuilt.

$299.95

IH 258 6 carb 1973-74. Shows no other model carb or for that 6.

Jon (carbking) will probably correct me but if you dig a bit deeper the application for that carb on carburetorcenter fit the following:
BUICK 1968-1971, 1973-1975
CHECKER 1976
CHEVROLET 1968-1976
GMC 1970-1972

Also, if you notice the description on the carburetorcenter website it reads   1973-1974 International 6 Cyl. Holley 1940 Type Carburetor. 

I highlighted TYPE since it's not the same.

Here is the carb I believe he's looking for (anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

See the source image

Here is the carb you posted a link to.  It is close as you mentioned and yes, sure there are other options available but his post implies he's looking for  the  original carb so he can keep the truck as original as possible. Maybe a pre-assumption on my part,.. but maybe the OP'er will clarify that.

1973-1974 International 6 Cyl. Holley 1940 Type Carburetor *Remanufactured

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Dale said:

Hi there 

Appreciate any help

Cheers Steve 

Nice truck btw Steve, and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can fill  us in on the history and your plans for it?

• Like 1

Steve - welcome!

We do not have a new Holley that fits your truck.

Checking the Holley listings:

R-6442-A (service carb was R-6442-1A) listed for 258 Federal applications.

R-6775-A (service carb was R-6775-1A) listed for 258 California applications.

I doubt that you will find either in new condition. Finding a rebuilt is as easy as using Google.

(Opinion) stay away from the brand new, made somewhere, but not in the USA, replacement "carburetors???" one size fits all, works well on none!

EDIT: got called to dinner before finishing. The Holley literature does not show any other carburetors fitting other than the above. Also, while this forum is a wonderful forum, with some really sharp folks, there is an I.H.C. specialty site OldIHC, where folks that specialize in I.H.C. reside. You might try there. Sorry my database is no more help. 1973 is right on the ragged edge of being too new for us.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Like 3

One other item.

One gentleman posted finding a rebuilt for 1973-1974. MAYBE it would work, I do not know, I do know that Holley lists different original carburetors AND different service carburetors for the 1973 and 1974. Personally, I would leave alone anything except the original or the original service carburetor listed in my post above.

EDIT: here is the URL for OldIHC:  IHC specialty website

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Like 2