How long has this 50 been listed on eBay?

Smartin

This outfit Gateway Classic Cars , Has several warehouses "Showrooms" throughout the country. I have been to their Tampa Bay Florida location and the warehouse must of had at least 100 cars in the one building, and they had 3. Most are drivers, and overpriced indeed. They do a great job in the photo shoots, and in reality the cars in most cases do not even come close to the photo-shopped photos in the ads. Most of the cars have been in the warehouse for years. None I looked at, started even with a jump box. Old batteries and old gas galore. No climate control in Florida. The gent I chatted with was honest and he has never sold a car from there. He also works elsewhere. I was a serious cash buyer, that I brought with me and showed him, I was serious about 6 different Buicks. There where no negotiations. It is amazing that all these folks think old cars are valued at $25 grand. My 37 special I bought on e-bay was listed just under a year with a $13,000 asking price, and $10,000 reserve. I finally convinced the seller to sell for the opening of $5200. Good Luck on your search. It took me years. Thanks ED

10 hours ago, Smartin said:

There are some cars that never seem to leave my 49-72 Buick eBay listing searches....this seems to regenerate every week, and I really think it's been on there for a couple years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Buick-Riviera/164744227252?hash=item265b8569b4:g:qHgAAOSw4E5ehE11

Wonder where the idea for that interior came from....?????:D

Added in edit:  Please google "Buick GSX Prototype" and note the interior in that car which is just as Buick designed it, contrary to the 1950 shown above.

Edited by Brad Conley (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, Daniel Eldridge said:

This outfit Gateway Classic Cars , Has several warehouses "Showrooms" throughout the country. I have been to their Tampa Bay Florida location and the warehouse must of had at least 100 cars in the one building, and they had 3. Most are drivers, and overpriced indeed. They do a great job in the photo shoots, and in reality the cars in most cases do not even come close to the photo-shopped photos in the ads. Most of the cars have been in the warehouse for years. None I looked at, started even with a jump box. Old batteries and old gas galore. No climate control in Florida. The gent I chatted with was honest and he has never sold a car from there. He also works elsewhere. I was a serious cash buyer, that I brought with me and showed him, I was serious about 6 different Buicks. There where no negotiations. It is amazing that all these folks think old cars are valued at $25 grand. My 37 special I bought on e-bay was listed just under a year with a $13,000 asking price, and $10,000 reserve. I finally convinced the seller to sell for the opening of $5200. Good Luck on your search. It took me years. Thanks ED

They have a location very near me.  I haven't been to their showroom, but I've seen a few of their cars while at a shop nearby that does work for them if some minor repairs are needed.  The ones I saw were very nice cars.

12 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

There certainly will be a limited field of buyers for something that custom specific especially in such a bland non standout color.  Well it stands out, just not in a good way 

Well, thanks I guess.  Photo below is my car, the factory built GSX Prototype.

protointerior.jpg

6 hours ago, Brad Conley said:

Well, thanks I guess.  Photo below is my car, the factory built GSX Prototype.

protointerior.jpg

I was referring to the outside, I am well aware of your beauty . The outside of that 50 is so bland and uninspiring I would never have looked into it.  It also says a lot about the build when they copy a famous interior instead of coming up with something new and different. 

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 5:10 PM, Daniel Eldridge said:

Gateway Classics original location was Fairmont City, IL in an old Venture store building next to I-70, almost in view of the Gateway Arch.   Been there several times before they moved to their new location.  At that time everything was on consignment.  My best friend sold a sharp 32 Ford 3W Coupe Street Rod there back in 06-07.  

As with any used car dealer, a buyer must do their own due diligence.  Caveat Emptor.