For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental coupe - $10,000 - Plainfield, NJ - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Lincoln Continental coupe - $10,000 - Plainfield, NJ

1966 Lincoln continental - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1966 Lincoln Continental Coupe, 90,000 miles, Rebuilt trans, New brakes, New tires, True dual Flowmaster, AC, Heat, New headlights.

Copy and paste in your email:  e257444b11f4381f951c2cbd87e4b3cd@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Lincoln Continental coupe.  Note: This '66 has the optional individually adjustable bucket seats and console. 

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ a.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ b.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ c.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ d.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ e.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ f.jpg

'66 Lincoln Continental coupe CNJ g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Noted optional bucket seats (see edit history)
  • Like 1

These two door Lincolns are a tough sell. 

In 1983 I had a 67 coupe given to me. Nice car, original leather. I fixed a bunch of stuff, painted it, rechromed the bumpers ($$) new tires, etc. . . . . 

Listed it everywhere and the inquiry was always the same "Does it have the suicide doors?"  Well of course not, its a coupe. 

Desperate for space I sold mine at a auction in 1992 and after fees were paid, I netted $700 . . . . 

I could have gotten the same amount at cash for clunkers. 

I knew a guy who bought a restored LCOC winning coupe for peanuts, nobody would step up. 

Convertibles will always be on top but this one of those strange situations where the 4 door is worth more (or sells faster) than the two door version. 

Agreed.  This in my humble opinion is a 1965 Buick Riviera in Lincoln trim.  Note the similar C pillar to the 63-65 Riviera.  This one suffers from a horrible color of yellow-y beige.  Yuck.  But otherwise these cars are the equal to the other options at least.  

I think the 1966 and 1967 Lincoln 2-dr. hardtops are the most beautiful post WWII Lincolns ever made. They are perfectly proportioned, large cars--beautiful from any angle. I have owned two of them. The first I bought in 1978 when I was in grad school in Atlanta, for $1500. It was in beautiful condition and you could still get leaded premium gas then. It was the only car I ever drove that was so powerful and easy to handle that I actually felt as if the car could anticipate what I wanted it to do. I have owned and driven probably 100 or more cars since then, and nothing has ever approached the way that Lincoln drove and handled. It was a pale yellow, very similar to this one. They are very well built cars, but complex and difficult to work on under the hood due to it being so crowded there. Even the windshield wipers are hydraulic-powered. Quiet, amazingly fast for a 5,000 pound car, huge trunks big enough to hold anything, quality upholstery, wonderful fit and finish--I just love them.

Oddly enough, both of the ones I owned developed leaky exhaust manifold gaskets at a little over 100,000 miles. Seems to be a symptom of the 462 v8s in these.

Pete Phillips

Leonard, Texas

• Like 3