52 Ford pickup still going strong

Steve9

52 Ford F-3. This old timer drove in to pickup some welding gas at our store today. Along time since she was a daily driver, but great to see out on the road. He said he’s had the truck since he was a teenager and it was painted last in the 70’s. Certainly a trophy winner in the patina category!

D72DE651-BAEB-48D4-A802-CC4BD4B39B12.jpeg

01866753-DEE6-41EE-B77D-08FE874F3697.jpeg

Edited by Steve9 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• Steve9 changed the title to 52 Ford pickup still going strong
42 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Probably worth 20x's what he paid for back then!

Ed, you better give me your contact info. He firmly believes his one ton has zero collector interest! I told him I used to own a 52 F-1 and he said that is desirable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

Me too. Flat head V-8 and 4 on the floor. I sure liked that truck but the engine gave out. I suspect it was long abused before I owned it. 

I miss mine, isn’t that what everyone sez? I bought it from a guy that swapped in 4x4 Bronco running gear, mags with big tires. Chrome grill was great with those big knuckles. Looked like a big Tonka toy. When snow hit, lock in the hubs and let er rip! Shoulda never sold it.

• Like 1

Had a 49 F3. Paid $1500 for it with a stuck engine, rusted front and rear fenders, bed had rust from where bed was up four inches all the way around it. Seat was springs only no cover. Wheels were widow makers with original tires and it had 51000 farm miles of hauling cows to manure. Fixed engine, rust and put a black walnut bed in it, fixed the seat.
When I had to get braces on both legs to walk the cab felt too small to safely go from gas to brakes in an emergency. Put it at end of driveway with a for sale sign on it. Before I walked back to the house on the 15 acre farm two pickups were coming down the drive. Bidding war resulted in a $7500 sale that day. His truck will sell quickly even in that condition. 
dave s 

08B46C88-F8B4-47D7-AC9D-7D9ED8B1F46D.jpeg

• Like 3