Looking for information about some automobiles

Vintage1923

Hello Gentlemen,

I am trying to find out the make of a car that my great grandfather owned. From the car plate, I believe that the car was registered in summer of 1923 in France but can't be 100% certain.

Any thoughts on what the car could be ?

Greatly appreciate it

IMG_0723.thumb.JPG.24eeb35be00bfab1a20d51fde4ebdf6a.JPG

Edited by Vintage1923 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Benoit said:

I think it's a Delaunay Belleville P4B. 

They made some really great cars, especially pre World War One. The first getaway car was a Delaunay Belleville circa 1911, stolen and used by the French anarchist group La Bande a Bonnot. 

pz-212-6-01.jpg

Love the picture !

Do you know what would visually differentiate a P4 to a P4B? Is it purely a question of different coach-builders ?

Thank you

Edited by Vintage1923 (see edit history)

Sorry, I don't know the difference between P4 and P4B.

Attached is a page out of Omnia magazine from January 1st 1924. The photo is of the 25/30CV six cylinder. It looks like the bonnet on the car in your photo is shorter which would make it the 12CV 4 cylinder. The article mentions the 4 cylinder car will do 100kmh and has Perrot brakes on all 4 wheels which is essential for safety at high speed. 

CV is Cheval Vapeur which is the power rating.

Omnia___revue_pratique_de_[...]_bpt6k98046128_373 (1).jpeg

Edited by Benoit (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• Vintage1923 changed the title to Looking for information about some automobiles

I have another car that I would like to share.

I initially believed it to be a Peugeot Type 139 but upon closer inspection, the grille looks to be different and the registration leaves me with more questions.

The car registration should point towards a car registered in the first decade of the 20th Century but I am struggling to find confirming information...

Any thoughts ?

auto 5.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 11:20 AM, Vintage1923 said:

I have another car that I would like to share.

I initially believed it to be a Peugeot Type 139 but upon closer inspection, the grille looks to be different and the registration leaves me with more questions.

The car registration should point towards a car registered in the first decade of the 20th Century but I am struggling to find confirming information...

Any thoughts ?

auto 5.jpg

Looks like a ca 1910 Delage

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:48 PM, Vintage1923 said:

Hello Gentlemen,

I am trying to find out the make of a car that my great grandfather owned. From the car plate, I believe that the car was registered in summer of 1923 in France but can't be 100% certain.

Any thoughts on what the car could be ?

Greatly appreciate it

IMG_0723.thumb.JPG.24eeb35be00bfab1a20d51fde4ebdf6a.JPG

Can I use the picture to my Facebook group for Delaunay Belleville cars ? https://www.facebook.com/groups/delaunaybelleville?locale=nl_NL

Edited by Delaunay Belleville (see edit history)

Just a thought - this from the standpoint of an author -  magazine articles and books most of the time are under copyright. If you choose to use something that the author and publisher took the time and expense to publish it is best to get permission . Many are just used to taking what they want off the internet, out of publications etc because they want,like and feel they NEED it. But can you at least give the source credit? This is not a complaint at all but just a request to remind some people that if it weren't for diligent research and then making the effort to see it published you would never know about it. Just don't take things and people for granted.

Thanks,

Walt

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Just a thought - this from the standpoint of an author -  magazine articles and books most of the time are under copyright. If you choose to use something that the author and publisher took the time and expense to publish it is best to get permission . Many are just used to taking what they want off the internet, out of publications etc because they want,like and feel they NEED it. But can you at least give the source credit? This is not a complaint at all but just a request to remind some people that if it weren't for diligent research and then making the effort to see it published you would never know about it. Just don't take things and people for granted.

Thanks,

Walt

Thats why I asked to use the picture of vintage1923 's car.  :)

• Like 1

You are asking here, as I stated you need to contact the author, editor or publisher. That is not AACA. That information should be found inside the front cover of the book on the title page. Perhaps ask someone who has the book for that information since you do not.  You need to ask the right person and first find out who that person is and their contact information. I hope that makes my statement a bit clearer.  Sorry if it didn't read that way, I thought it did.

34 minutes ago, Walt G said:

You are asking here, as I stated you need to contact the author, editor or publisher. That is not AACA. That information should be found inside the front cover of the book on the title page. Perhaps ask someone who has the book for that information since you do not.  You need to ask the right person and first find out who that person is and their contact information. I hope that makes my statement a bit clearer.  Sorry if it didn't read that way, I thought it did.

That picture of vintage1923 grandfathers car isn't in the book for sure...... so I asked vintage1923, not the AACA and not you. But wait for vintage1923 response. 

On 5/6/2021 at 10:55 PM, padgett said:

IANAL (I am not a lawyer) OK it keeps changing (don't ask me about the stifling effect of patents) but in general things before 1926 are in the public domain.

I don't understand the fuss about asking using a unpublished picture from the owner of that particular picture.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, Delaunay Belleville said:

I don't understand the fuss about asking using a unpublished picture from the owner of that particular picture.

Sorry for the late reply. I would be happy to share with you more detailed pictures.

I sent you a request to join your facebook group.

• Like 1