Re-building '28 Chrysler Red Head motor

Lee Harman

Beginning restoration of 1928 Chrysler Model 72 Rdst with Red Head motor.  Specifically looking for source for following:

1) pistons 40 over

2)valves

3) 3 brush generator

4) main bearings 20 over

5) starter return spring

6) timing chain

7) water pump

Thanks. 

Lee Harman

425 422-5406

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

The mains should be bronze shell babbit lined bearings ..I think? 

Today each shell would be re-babbitted ,re-installed in the block then line or align bored to fit what ever the crank size cleans up as with, plus the running fit tolerance.

Hey man, dig the crazy way-out gas line plumbing, bypassing the vacuum tank fuel pump. Plenty of ga-zintas and gaz-outas.

I guess some "Maynard "didn't like priming fuel in this choice '28 chariot and hid some weird and funky electro pumpin gas-O-fuel gadget down the line.

CRAZY MAN,CRAZY! LOL.👼

There are plenty of known good places to send out a vintage waterpumps for rebuilding.

Hardest part on the list I think would be a new  ($$$) timing chain other then good used.

The generator must have gotten lost in the shuffle as those to are easy to rebuild or send out to several easily to search out places...If there is a generator in the wings?

Hello again,  I would think the timing chain would not be hard to find. I would try EGGE.  I believe that they  can make them to different lengths using standard chain . In 1932 Plymouth used a rod bearing insert like you described for  your main bearings.  I believe that after the insert was re manufactured  that they were brazed to the connecting rod to keep them from spinning.  I would not think your main bearings would be a shelf item as you would need a original set of shells.  Think Spring,  Don