For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet Special - "Unrestored time warp, Own 26 years" - San Francisco, CA - Not Mine - 12/14/23 Totaled by Speeding Driver - 1/20/24 For Copart auction - 3/12/24 Salvage SOLD!

This car did not find a new home from the last ad.  It was posted on Facebook yesterday on page "Hudson Automobile Fan Club" by owner Nick Nichols.  It is for sale as is.

Nice car it was.   Sad to see this.

"Somebody ran a red light speeding and slammed into my 54 Hudson today. I’m sure insurance will cover it but sad to see it it like that. I’ve had it for 26 years. 74,000 original miles runs great still actually drivable. When the insurance totals it I’m sure I’ll just sell it for whatever. if anybody’s interested feel free to contact me."

image.png.fefccf557922d5143ae3804b49a38805.png

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 11:47 AM, StillOutThere said:

This car did not find a new home from the last ad.  It was posted on Facebook yesterday on page "Hudson Automobile Fan Club" by owner Nick Nichols.  It is for sale as is.

Nice car it was.   Sad to see this.

"Somebody ran a red light speeding and slammed into my 54 Hudson today. I’m sure insurance will cover it but sad to see it it like that. I’ve had it for 26 years. 74,000 original miles runs great still actually drivable. When the insurance totals it I’m sure I’ll just sell it for whatever. if anybody’s interested feel free to contact me."

On 12/14/2023 at 6:48 PM, Yellow1301 said:

This is my car, Sadly, it was rear ended the other day by a speeding negligent driver. It’s a total loss. Thankfully it is insured 

Thank you for updating the status. Truly a sad event. 

To "Yellow1301,"

I hope you were not injured and I'm very sorry for your loss.

JP

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet Special - "Unrestored time warp, Own 26 years" - San Francisco, CA - Not Mine - 12/14/23 Totaled by Speeding Driver

I'm a pretty level-headed fellow,but that would push me over the edge. I'll bet the person at fault didn't have a dime's worth of insurance. I've bought several cars back from the insurance company for a song. I would go for it. It will be a job,but that car can be fixed.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 6:34 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

It will go to a business like Copart, unless you buy it back from the insurance company. A person could buy it from salvage and repair it. Probably not worth the salvage title issues it would have. It will be parted out.

That's how I got my 30 DeSoto. Was even hit in the same corner but not this hard. 

Hate to see this happen but thankfully it doesn't sound like anyone was hurt. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet Special - "Unrestored time warp, Own 26 years" - San Francisco, CA - Not Mine - 12/14/23 Totaled by Speeding Driver - 1/20/24 To be sold by Copart
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet Special - "Unrestored time warp, Own 26 years" - San Francisco, CA - Not Mine - 12/14/23 Totaled by Speeding Driver - 1/20/24 To be sold on Copart

Car is worth buying if you had a solid parts car to repair this one. Or use this one as a donor car. It won’t bring much money. Very little value in parting out stepdown sedans. Greatest value is to a person tearing it down for their own project. Sad ending to a clean survivor car. Parts will live on. Very easy to cut out the rear frame rails of a parts car, and repair this one. If you have to pay someone to do it, you will eclipse the value of the car pretty quickly. And car will have a salvage title, hurting the finished value.

EF5BD21C-9693-41B1-B505-3E947A0CF437.jpeg

F356FC3F-68EF-4377-83DC-6C9CE9DA28C4.jpeg

• Like 2

Maybe send a note to Hudson Club?

Many usable items which could, and should be preserved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet Special - "Unrestored time warp, Own 26 years" - San Francisco, CA - Not Mine - 12/14/23 Totaled by Speeding Driver - 1/20/24 For Copart auction - 3/12/24 Salvage SOLD!