50 Most Under Appreciated Cars of All Time

Peter Gariepy

I said they pioneered the modern minivan, the first one designed and built for the general public as opposed to a commercial vehicle with extra seats. No doubt there were small vans before, just as there were sport coupes before the Mustang, four cylinder cars before the Model T, and front wheel drive cars before the Austin Mini. If you want to take that line, then all cars are the same and there has been nothing new invented since Cugnot's gun carriage chugged out of the barn in the late 1700s.

Well most now have four wheels. However the original statement (wish they would do away with "hide" and bring back post numbers) was about "inventing" and not "popularizing". Agree the '80s T&C (think the Dodge Caravan was the best name ever) started the minvan explosion that really lasted to about 2012 (when bought my '12 Grand Cherokee there were many incentives available that were not for minivans) before that had a '92 TranSport with 3800 engine but needed something with a lot more towing capacity.

Wandering a bit from the original list of 50, could probably add quite a few (Tucker should be on that list & Pontiac Aztek is gaining popularity).

Rusty it sounds like some of these folks got in their heads to pound you into the ground.  I for one agree with you but think you better just give up. 

The first flying car was made by who? 🙂  

12 hours ago, Rusty_OToole said:

I said they pioneered the modern minivan, the first one designed and built for the general public as opposed to a commercial vehicle with extra seats. 

You seem to imply it was only offered as a passenger van.  Don't forget, there was the Mini Ram, the commercial/cargo version available right from 1984.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-1984-DODGE-MINI-RAM-VAN-Brochure-Catalog-w-Color-Chart-MiniVan-Royal-/201613850266

Starting from around 1987, or so, one could order a 'barn door' version: http://www.2040-cars.com/dodge/Caravan/1990-dodge-caravan-cargo-cv-rare-barn-doors-1146910/

Craig