1966 Ball Joints

Vintage_barry

While in the process of changing my coil springs, I was going to replace my ball joints as well.  The Upper ball joints had two small welds each, front and back, about 1/4” long.  Would this have been done in the factory or someone’s later repair for a sloppy fitting? Thanks for any input, Barry 

I didn't want to come out and name Jason, but I saw his car at the ROA meet in Hershey in 2010 and he pointed out the restoration of the spot welds at that time.  At the 2010 meet, he brought his unbodied chassis.  Quite the display.

119497263_1963-64Rivieras-Hershey038.thumb.jpg.416551a963c74aaf261bfec31536030d.jpg

I have other photos which I can't find right now.  Jason showed where the VIN was on the frame and a bunch of other info that showed parts to be the real deal, no a reproduction.  Pretty cool I thought.

• Like 1

Yeah, after I installed the carbs. Dennis Manner stopped by. I asked him how the carbs. looked???  IF I remember correctly he stated I didn't expect anything less from you, meaning myself.  Talk about a compliment by the MAN in engineering!!!!

Tom T.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1